Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 29-30 April 2017 Debrief here...

Quote Originally Posted by Innercity View Post
    Grelmar and I were chatting today about chest rig VS Belt and another friend just asked me if a chest rig was mandatory?
    Also you make no mention of a Holster I assume it's required.
    Is downloading 10 round mags to 5 rounds OK? Why not 10 rounds?

What in your experience does not work what should be avoided?
    Last year most guys had chest rig/plate carrier set up and I remember at least one guy using a belt, everything is ok. I'll say bring and use what you have and see what other set up exists and go from there.
    Holster is required for your pistol, whatever type you have is good.
    That course is to make you practice mag changes so whatever your mags hold, bring them (you'll see why the last day !!
    Truth is called hate by those who you hate the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Innercity View Post
    Grelmar and I were chatting today about chest rig VS Belt and another friend just asked me if a chest rig was mandatory?
    Also you make no mention of a Holster I assume it's required.
    Is downloading 10 round mags to 5 rounds OK? Why not 10 rounds?

What in your experience does not work what should be avoided?
    Yes a Holster is required but use what ya got an youll figure out if it works good or doesnt to meet your needs.
    We have all sorts of rigs show up rite from vests, plate carriers with plates to 3 gun rigs so run whut ya brung is the motto an try it an then ya can go from there to see if changes are needed.
    Yes you can also run your LAR mags an we use a round count for the mags to incorporate mag changes an its also so its a equal playing field for all.
    Hope this helps
    cheers
    Buckaroo
    "Your ticket to hell is a-comin' to you, and I got a hollow-point to give you the ride."
    CDTSA CQB Match Director serving all your CQB needs in Southern Ab

Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    I am also curious about some questions.

I have a black hawk CQC holster for a Smith and Wesson SD9 VE. Can I use a tactical drop leg rig or just belt? What's are your thoughts? And will an ammo drop pouch be needed?
    You can use what you feel comfortable with as both styles are used just depends on what the shooter prefers.
    A dump pouch is not required but most do have one an use it for the range cleanup at the end of the day haha
    Cheers
    Buckaroo
    "Your ticket to hell is a-comin' to you, and I got a hollow-point to give you the ride."
    CDTSA CQB Match Director serving all your CQB needs in Southern Ab

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Yes a Holster is required but use what ya got an youll figure out if it works good or doesnt to meet your needs.
    We have all sorts of rigs show up rite from vests, plate carriers with plates to 3 gun rigs so run whut ya brung is the motto an try it an then ya can go from there to see if changes are needed.
    Yes you can also run your LAR mags an we use a round count for the mags to incorporate mag changes an its also so its a equal playing field for all.
    Hope this helps
    cheers
    Buckaroo
    Thanks for the reply. I was just reading the CQB sticky you have, it seems that I'm set. My gear is orientated for 3 gun and I don't plan on changing that belt setup. But I do have a chest rig that I used briefly for 3 gun and will be using that for CQB, glad I didn't sell it.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Do not bring your dump pouch mags drop to the ground and stay there,

And set up your holster how ever you prefer
    Although Avoid cross draw chest holsters on vests

Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    I am also curious about some questions.

I have a black hawk CQC holster for a Smith and Wesson SD9 VE. Can I use a tactical drop leg rig or just belt? What's are your thoughts? And will an ammo drop pouch be needed?

So I've gone though all my gear and the only thing I'm missing is a chest rig. Before I go and drop a few hundred on one, is there a favorite commonly used one for this course?

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    So I've gone though all my gear and the only thing I'm missing is a chest rig. Before I go and drop a few hundred on one, is there a favorite commonly used one for this course?
    My favourite and go to is the blue force gear 10 speed chest rig

It's super light
    Minimalist and great over heavy clothing cuz is so minimalist and even better is summer for the same reason
    And it's only 100$
    Holds 4 AR mags and has 10speed slits for Molly stuff is you want to add touniquete EMT pouch sheers mag pouches ect

EMT sent. Looking forward to the course and meeting some Calgary CQBers.

Hey Barney. I am a CDTSA member, but am on vacation right now so I don't have my membership info with me. Can I send a screenshot of my membership renewal information instead?

Cheers,

CGN Regular
    Tagged