Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 29-30 April 2017 Debrief here...

That sounds like a cool plan.

Wish I had a the CZ 858, just have an SKS. I am using an NEA AR in 7.62x39 so hoping it holds up, lots of rumours that it may not be all that reliable but I have had it for almost 6 months and its been fine!

The Kriss vector would be also awesome to see.

I'll need to see how my Glock mags for the Kriss fit into my chest rig. If I can fit them AND my pistol mags all at once, I'll seriously consider bringing my Kriss. Maybe.

Payment sent. I hope there's still some space left.

Two questions gear wise:

1. Why the single point sling and not a two point?
    2. Does everyone use SBRs or are there some people using traditional rifles: 18"+ barrels.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTarget View Post
    Payment sent. I hope there's still some space left.
    Yes, lots of space left. I have my only day off in one week today... I'm doing the EMT deposits today. This business of working 6 days a week is getting challenging....

Now about those pistol caliber carbines... great fun. All super fun. But when you discover that your training could be maximized by shooting a .223 or 7.62 x 39 for a rifle and a pistol caliber (for transitions), you are gonna regret this training opportunity. Now if you happen to have a series of matches (and you do, btw) then that's the time to play and shoot for poops and giggles.

I'm quoting Keith and Linda of www dot milcun dot com Marksmanship Complex here, "Focus on Performance" and not on the hardware. You will see why.... especially those of you who are new to competition!

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gophers View Post
    Two questions gear wise:

1. Why the single point sling and not a two point?
    2. Does everyone use SBRs or are there some people using traditional rifles: 18"+ barrels.
    Single point slings are cool, it helps my ego...

The reason we use single point sling(s) is its controllable and does not slide around like a 2 point, which really , really shifts and slides and gets in the way of your pistol handling and shooting during the transition. You will see for yourself. Someone always turns up with a 2 point sling because "That's what we were issued..."

All I can say is , "Bring it on..."

I was the Match Director and I'm right behind you giggling and laughing into the microphone

Now about them SBR... BECAUSE we CAN... And I'm no longer issued a rifle that's overly long and cumbersome and invented for the LR Rectangular, shoot off your elbows range.

We are paying for these firearms. Dial up the FUN factor and turn down the SUCK (Fubar movie series filmed in Alberta) !!!

Now I come from a 20" barrel shooting at Service Rifle matches alongside the soldiers shooting their C7A2's... they HAVE to use their issued rifles. Some bring along C8's since THAT is what they are issued.

I'm here to have fun so I shoot a 12" CQB barrel... my personal SR rig is a 14.5" NEA Barreled Colt... Go figure!

Have fun and keep training ....

Cheers,
    Barney

Quote Originally Posted by gophers View Post
    Last year I 'rocked' my 20" Dominion Arms on day 2. NOT fun when you're doing modified prone shooting.
    I plan on shooting it again this year but I will be switching to the 14.5" rifle for modified prone this time.
    Also am thinking about trying the 9 mm Alfa Proj 4.5" revolver as my sidearm for one of the days this year.

I'm bringing my X95, First Spear Siege R Optimized carrier and battle belt with a FDE 9mm VTAC M&P. Just order and have yet to receive them so I will not have much time to practice lol.
    Going to be fun looking at everybody's rig's, get some good idea's and learn a lot. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Now about those pistol caliber carbines... great fun. All super fun. But when you discover that your training could be maximized by shooting a .223 or 7.62 x 39 for a rifle and a pistol caliber (for transitions), you are gonna regret this training opportunity. Now if you happen to have a series of matches (and you do, btw) then that's the time to play and shoot for poops and giggles.
    Good advice Barney. No 9mm for the course this time. I've decided to use my 14.5" .223.
    Last edited by doo925; 03-03-2017 at 12:07 PM.

CGN Regular
    Just sent away for my RPAL this week. Refund available if I don't get it back/can't gear up in time for the course?