Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 29-30 April 2017 Debrief here...

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhutch View Post
    Just sent away for my RPAL this week. Refund available if I don't get it back/can't gear up in time for the course?
    Yeah, I got yer back. These administrative messups happen... In Petawawa, I can lend you my sponsored (shoutout to Wolverine Supplies) DD Mk18 and my personal G17 if inability to get your restricted(s) in time is a hassle/issue/trouble...

Cheers,
    Barney

Is this open to women? My wife is thinking of attending with me lol.

Edit: never mind, I seen some photos of women at one of your last clinics. I'll let her know
    Last edited by Redblack; 03-03-2017 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post

Edit: never mind, I seen some photos of women at one of your last clinics. I'll let her know
    I would never tell my wife that it wasn't open to women. That'd be putting my life in danger.
    I'd tell her there's only one spot left...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Yeah, I got yer back. These administrative messups happen... In Petawawa, I can lend you my sponsored (shoutout to Wolverine Supplies) DD Mk18 and my personal G17 if inability to get your restricted(s) in time is a hassle/issue/trouble...

Cheers,
    Barney
    Right on, apparently my attention to detail is failing me - I totally missed the Southern Alberta right in the open lines of this post - skimmed through and saw "CFB Borden" lol. I'll look into your Pet dates

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post

ha ha ha ha ha

I love empowering women so that they ain't dependant on men..... ha ha ha ha

Run this one by your wife (tell her I told you so....)

What do you call a woman without a butthole ?

DIVORCED !!! ha ha ha ha

Still have room for you AB (and SK and BC) CQB lovers! EMT away!!!

Barney

Hey Barney, just wondering: what's the attendance count so far for the course ?

TT or hungry here: We are just over 24 shooters
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 03-09-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MG4A6 View Post
    I'm bringing my X95, First Spear Siege R Optimized carrier and battle belt with a FDE 9mm VTAC M&P. Just order and have yet to receive them so I will not have much time to practice lol.
    Going to be fun looking at everybody's rig's, get some good idea's and learn a lot. Can't wait!

My gear is:

16.1 NEA 15 7.62x39
    Smith and Wesson SD9E 9mm
    5.11 Tac Tec Chest rig with extra pistol mag pouch
    BFG high speed dump pouch
    CQC Black hawk leg rig holster

I am super tempted to get either a 10 or 14.5 inch barrel, maybe even a 7 inch barrel for the other events this year but I will for sure use the opportunity to learn with the longer barrels as I have never competed before so looking to learn a ton as well!
    IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    My gear is:

16.1 NEA 15 7.62x39
    Smith and Wesson SD9E 9mm
    5.11 Tac Tec Chest rig with extra pistol mag pouch
    BFG high speed dump pouch
    CQC Black hawk leg rig holster

I am super tempted to get either a 10 or 14.5 inch barrel, maybe even a 7 inch barrel for the other events this year but I will for sure use the opportunity to learn with the longer barrels as I have never competed before so looking to learn a ton as well!
    That setup sounds like you are gonna have fun. Many opportunities during the relay cycles to tweak/adjust/re-adjust/modify/ reposition your gear throughout the weekend. And that's the purpose of a clinic. The last thing you want/need/have / are reluctant to do is change things in the middle of the compeitition; it's been done before but under lots of stress (especially if you are new to the game(s)). Been there, done that.... discovered to keep things simple and run with what works for you..

Bring on the newbie questions. No such thing as a silly question because there are always lurker(s) types who are happy to read the answers provided!

Cheers

Barney

I am wondering, for the prone position, do you take off the pistol or keep it strapped on? Seen lots of pics of people laying down for strong side and I am wondering how that works with the pistol in the way, also is there any running during the match?
    IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    I am wondering, for the prone position, do you take off the pistol or keep it strapped on? Seen lots of pics of people laying down for strong side and I am wondering how that works with the pistol in the way, also is there any running during the match?
    Running? 5 meters/steps/yards at a burst. That's about it. Service Rifle, that's where the running takes place (as in "run downs")

Nope, you adopt the Modified Prone position with all your gear on. Keep it strapped on. That's sounding pretty wierd.... Yup, resting on your strong side. It's not the prone position , but the Modified Prone position. You will ALL come to learn and to love this position. You will discover why!

Bring on the questions!!

That's what your Match Director (past / present/ future) is supposed to be here for!

Barney