Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 29-30 April 2017 Debrief here...

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    Keep it comin folks let's show Barney the AB love that keeps him comin back for more hahaha ��
    Hey, with all this Lieberal darlings surrounding me here in Ontario You guys are really playing with fire tempting me to move out West (home again...) and further away from Sunny ways and Unicorns.

My flight out west for the weekend is booked. I will be bringing spare earplugs for Buckaroo so that he can sleep in peace around my epic snoring!

Cheers all,

Barney

EMT sent, looking forward to it!

EMT on the way... Looking forward to it...

Business Member
    Janitor pants and aakoksal; You guys are both good to go for the Clinic....

Now is there a Boris who sent an EMT via Tangerine? Or is this notice one of those phishing phoney emails?

Cheers,
    Barney

I'm wondering, in the quest to use cheap ammo for the shooting sports, has anyone used a 9mm carbine with there CQB setup like the CMMG MK9 T? Not that I have one, just curious as it uses pistol mags. That would be neat to see but I do no teh downside o fusing that type of rifle is recoil management.

Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    I'm wondering, in the quest to use cheap ammo for the shooting sports, has anyone used a 9mm carbine with there CQB setup like the CMMG MK9 T? Not that I have one, just curious as it uses pistol mags. That would be neat to see but I do no teh downside o fusing that type of rifle is recoil management.
    Yeah, I'd almost want to test out my PSA 9mm

Sorry about all those typos! I wasn't drunk typing this! Hahaha

What I meant to type was...

I'm wondering, in the quest to use cheap ammo for the shooting sports, has anyone used a 9mm carbine with their CQB setup like the CMMG MK9 T? Not that I have one, just curious as it uses pistol mags. That would be neat to see but I do know the downside of this is recoil management.

The only catch to using pistol caliber carbines, is in scoring (during a match). If you are using the same caliber for pistol/rifle, you loose the benefit of the doubt when it comes time to score. For example, if you are shooting 9mm and .223, it is possible that one of your pistol impacts may cover up a rifle impact (hole in the paper); allowing for the higher score value. Having said that, I plan to run a 9mm AR this year, as the ammo is much less expensive.

Hope this helps.

Adam

I also may have to think about using a 9mm PCC for this course. Might be fun just for the change in rifles. Then decide: use the AR 9mm or the Kriss 9mm ? Hmmmmmmm.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doo925 View Post
    I also may have to think about using a 9mm PCC for this course. Might be fun just for the change in rifles. Then decide: use the AR 9mm or the Kriss 9mm ? Hmmmmmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araz Frostcrusher View Post
    Sorry about all those typos! I wasn't drunk typing this! Hahaha

What I meant to type was...

I'm wondering, in the quest to use cheap ammo for the shooting sports, has anyone used a 9mm carbine with their CQB setup like the CMMG MK9 T? Not that I have one, just curious as it uses pistol mags. That would be neat to see but I do know the downside of this is recoil management.
    My plan is to use my AR for day 1, and CZ-858 for day 2. Good to work on the skills for both, and bulk commercial non-corrosive x39 is still WAY cheaper than 5.56.

I might even switch pistols between days - Beretta day 1, Tok for day 2... Although I'm not 100% sure there. Don't have a good holster for the Tok.