It's official CQB is coming to Southern AB 29-30 April 2017 ONCE Again.... I'm BACK.......
I START taking MEMBER registrations on Friday 17 Feb 2017 to Tuesday 21 Feb 2017. I will START taking Non-CDTSA Milo- Members on Wednesday 22 Feb 2017. This FIVE day period allows the CDTSA members a window to get a head start with the registration process... After all, it IS their club and we non-members are just visitors...
Here's the link to the club's site: http://www.cdtsa.ca
Here's the link to the Milo Range: http://www.cdtsa.ca/milo-range.html
29-30 April 2017 (Saturday and Sunday)
We usually gather around 0800 - 0830 and then a casual start for 0900
MEMBERS: $ 60 for both days
Guests: $ 80 for both days (cheaper than a round of golf)
I don't have super high expenses to cover this time around since I'm not driving across the 2 time zones with my range kit and CQB kit and sponsored rifles. I'm just flying and sleeping on the floor of the trailer on the Milo Range. I'm slumming it that way, and that's how I'm trying to keep my/our/the costs down...
Letters on Invite for your STATT
Once you pay me (EMT down below) I will be directing you to my pointman and chief host via email. You will be responsible for arranging your own ST ATT. We do things differently here in Ontario (I am learning).
Everything I'll be teaching you is based on the CQB matches fired by the ORA at Langemark Range, CFB Borden. For example: Here's what I think of you.... ha ha ha ha
Nope, I'm just kidding. That's our trigger finger; I'm trying to explain.....
Here's the bulk of the material from my www.tacticalteacher.ca website:
CQB Competition (like in the ORA - Ontario Rifle Association) :
* Snap shooting, rapid fire shooting, modified prone shooting
* Advance and fire shooting
* rapid magazine changes (since we don't use hi-cap mags in Canada)
* gear selection, gear manipulation, gear evolution (I'm gonna surprise ya big time...)
* What works in close and what belongs in the video games
* What works for you and what does not work for you
* Why you do up all your pouches and zippers especially before using the PortaPotty
CQB (non-restricted rifle) or (restricted rifle) Gear to Bring:
Depending upon the focus of the type of CQB clinic (this clinic happens to lean to the Restricted platforms)
* Reliable , dependable, and tested RESTRICTED rifle & pistol (unless you insist on shooting an SKS or other NR rifle)
* Current club issued long term ATT or Short term ATT for guests
* Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, BUIS, iron sights, ACOG, ELCAN, 1x or 2x magnification scope)
* Bring over 400 Rounds of carbine ammo (distances inside 50m), bring the cheeep stuff
* Bring 100 rounds of pistol ammo
* Bring 5 rifle magazines AND 2 pistol magazines. Hopefully you have marked/named/numbered your magazines
* Ensure you have reliable iron sights or reliable/tested/proven optics
* Your vest or webbing must hold the 5 x 5/20 or the 5 x 5/30 magazines you will need, depends on your platform.
* Your vest should have pouches for 2 pistol magazines
* Your vest or webbing should be reliable (read: avoid the mall ninja, airsoft renditions) so buy quality
* Single point sling (Vickers, BFG, Magpul MS3... my favorite by far)
* Bring extra ammo, whenever in doubt (better yet double my suggested round count)
* a bottle of lube (CLP, oil, grease, KY Jelly)
* 2 or 3 pens/pencils
* small rag
* ear protection (electronic means are recommended)
* Ballistic glasses are mandatory
* an open mind
* a sense of humour
* Read about some gear preparation ideas here: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...1#post11386601
Bring them on! Buckaroo and I will answer your questions (well, within reason anyways). Just don't ask what the weather is like in the end of April...
Keep an eye right HERE in this thread!
$ 80 for Guests, and $ 60 for members; by EMT only. I hope you bank online, EMT is an option at your online banking options. Once you pay me, you are registered. It's that simple! :D
I will keep updating this thread regarding the numbers and spaces remaining!
Name: Tactical Teacher
Question: What is your Original CGN handle?
Answer: hungry (all low caps so I cannot mess things up)
Email address: hungry556 AT bell.net
Somewhere in the EMT, remind me of your CGN handle AND your CDTSA member number (for you members , of course....)