Thread: 34mm rings height question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar

34mm rings height question

Hi guys, i want to order 34mm ATRS rings.
    Wondering if you know what height i need, or if i should wait for chassis and scope to arrive to manually figure it out?
    Just don't want to end up too low and see part of hanguard in lower portion of scope

Savage 10TR, ATRS 20moa steel rail, MDT ESS chassis with round handguard (no rail on top), Vortex Razor gen ll 4.5-27x56

Thanks!

Setup will be like top rifle in drawing, without rail
    Last edited by MartyK2500; 02-16-2017 at 01:41 PM.

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator Is what I used with my cadex/ nightforce set up and was bang on

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    I would recommend waiting to receive the chassis, or playing it safe and going with a higher than minimum.

You can see in this picture that while the top of the chassis isn't in the way, there are still 'wings' that go up on either side and those may contact your scope. We haven't had one in the shop yet for me to confidently provide you a size.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MartyK2500's Avatar
    Thanks for the honest reply
    Was hoping you guys had played a bit with them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    NVM: Just realize you don't have the chassis, thought you were only waiting for scope.

The vortex page has the full dimensions of the RazorII scope. Place a 48" level over your scope rails extended to the muzzle. Measure the minimum clearance. Based on 34mm tube calculate the minimum saddle height.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle

LENGTHS
    L1 L2 L3 L4 L5 L6
    14.4 2.0 2.2 6.1 4.1 4.1

HEIGHTS
    H1 H2
    2.55 1.81
    Dimensions measured in inches.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.