Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 22/23 April 2017 - Debrief here!

CGN Regular
    Where in Kelseys are you?

CGN frequent flyer
    I just finished the 2 day course and it was my first time learning from Tactical Teacher.
    I can't recommend his instruction more. I have trained in many things firearm related and he and the people I met were all excellent chaps who once again gave me the opportunity to learn.

Thanks for running these for us Gunnutz!

Absolutely was a blast !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Hopefully there are more of these clinics and hosted up at Borden this season. Missed out on this one.
    Last edited by Trinimon; 04-23-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    CSSA Member

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    Hopefully there are more of these clinics and hosted up at Borden this season. Missed out on this one.
    Trust me, it's wayyy more fun up in Petawawa. Just an entirely different atmosphere and my level of support there is atmospheric, I am deliberately using fancy teacher words here...We really do have more fun. I am hoarse from telling jokes in between relays. Especially at all then ten rounders being used in the firing line. .... Hahahaha

Business Member
    If you want to be great; be grateful..... One of the keys to a happy life!

I had a fabulous drive home last night thinking about the super community we have built. I am very thankful for all these things in my life that have given rise to great success. Nope, I ain't rich and last income tax year my accountants reminded me that I made a profit (for the first time) of $700 for the year. I bet the CRA led by Just-In Turdeau will be coming after me soon! Oh that profit of $700 was from 2015 tax year. The most recent 2016 Tax paperwork is still being processed.

So I ain't rich financially since I do drive around in a 2008 Rav4... but I am blessed and surrounded by an amazing community as you folks witnessed it yesterday. Morgan kicks my butt to go and say goodbye (as I busy myself and pack the vehicle). I have a hard time saying goodbye after the jokes and laughs and frustrations (blowing targets) we all shared. The reason I have a difficult time parting with all of you is because we enjoyed the shared experiences and banter as well as the food coma... to heck with any overtime periods in the hockey game. Many of us passed out within 30 minutes of leaving Danny's Steak House.

We built this great community and it's kinda depressing to leave and drive back home! Either way, it's Monday morning and it's all good! Back to the routine!

I'm grateful for:

* the best point man and supporter Morgan any match director could ask for!
    * the community of shooters who part with the big bucks $$ to come and listen to my jokes on the megaphone
    * the 10 round magazine shooters/owners who gave me all kinds of laughter (might have broken a rib laughing)
    * the patient and tolerant shooters with jammed rifles/mags/bolt carriers who put up with my , "Buy an NEA!!" comments on the megaphone
    * the Tavor shooters who continued to laugh when I called their rifles: T97's
    * the shooters who drove all the way from Windsor, I thank your for your kind compliments by this gesture ALONE!
    * the owners of non-resticted AR's who put up with my rude remarks like, "Buy an AR..." LOL ha ha ha
    * the pistol shooters who brought cachet or exotic brands of pistols to CQB and realized why hardly anybody in the sandbox stopped using those brands; Buy a Glock!
    * the staff at Danny's
    * the folks at Petawawa Range Control for the heads up about a bear travelling from Bravo Range
    * the many sponsors I've got behind me so that I can show case their products and lend out kit to new or forgetful shooters.
    * Thanks Wolverine for the use of the DD Mark 18, I'm certain you will have more sales from folks who bought uber cheap AR rigs and discovered they are Uber CHEAP AR rigs. ha ha ha ha
    * My boss who gave me today and tomorrow to recover after 2 intense days... don't get old!
    * my Naysayers out there who keep me energized... I could not have done this without your motivation... I leave you: Forgiveness, Love, Compassion, Kindness!
    * my mentors who made(trained/cajoled/yelled/convinced/manipulated/voluntold) me to end up who I am today... I'm eternally grateful...
    * and finally to the shooting community who has my back...

Barney

PS: What are you grateful for??
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 04-24-2017 at 05:58 PM.

CGN Regular
    I'm grateful to Gerry for lending me a couple of 5/30 Magpuls when my 10 rounders stopped working. They worked fine on Saturday though, just sayin'

Hey Barney:

You know, I wasn't even there and i missed you and the group already! Though I was not able to attend, I'm sitting in my Hotel room in between meetings and wanted to see how things went, so sad i missed out and hope you will have another in Ontario soon! and I won't miss that one! Thanks for putting up a great event and hope to be part of it soon, take care all from freaking raining all week Vancouver!

I'm grateful for the lubrication advise you gave us on the AR bolt.

Q. Run the bolt dry or wet ?
    A. Wet

Q. What type of lube ?
    A. Yes

Q. What type again ?
    A. Yes

lol anything from KY jelly to 10w40 motor oil just run it wet right barney and if your all out of lube just spit on it hahaha.

Was a honor and privileged to have shared Echo range with you all

your the best Barney
    Last edited by johnnybeachboy; 04-24-2017 at 09:48 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm grateful for getting to enjoy my passion with like minded folk, I'm grateful for the gloves Barney lent me since my soft fingers couldn't handle the Pet cold and I'm thankful for the people like Barney and Morgan who volunteer their time to put things like this together. Much Appreciated guys!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast