Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 22/23 April 2017 - Debrief here!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bruchawk View Post
    Would a Beretta cx4 storm 9mm work for this?
    Yes, it would work. The ONLY slight problem is trying to analyze your hits by distinguishing the rifle hits from the pistol hits. For beginners, this is no big concern. For experienced intermediates to advanced CQB shooters, this can/may/will get annoying.

It all depends how you look at it. With ONLY ONE clinic this year (anywhere in Ontario), I would try and run a .223 carbine/rifle and 9mm pistol (remember the Petawawa Range Control Caliber restrictions).

Just sayin....

Cheers,

Barney

Would a Tavor or T-97 mess things up or are bullpups welcome?
    Target shooters & hunters ≠ Gangsters & mass murderers | Prostitutes ≠ Pimps and human traffickers | Drug users ≠ Methlab operators & narcotraffickers | Homosexuals ≠ Abomination before nature | Abortion ≠ Murder
    We are all seeking personal freedom.

Iam hoping that theres going to be another CQB CLINIC added to your roster.I cannot make it to the april23-24 clinic,Iwould bet that if you guys have time between your PR clinics another CQB date would surely be filled ????

Quote Originally Posted by oenone View Post
    Would a Tavor or T-97 mess things up or are bullpups welcome?
    Yes you are good to go
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

FYI Blackbear is currently closed, campgrounds open on the may 24 weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    I'll be booking a campsite once Blackbear is open for the season, I think in April.

Anyone interested in camping let me know if you want some info, i have a camp map and can recommend the good sites.

E.m.t on route

Business Member
    Forecast calls for Saturday sunshine and some intermittent rain on Sunday. For you Ottawa Valley locals, that means always be ready for rain... end of story...

So bring your event tent(s) if you can beg, borrow, or steal from your friends, neighbours and returning kids LOL ha ha ha ha

And of course, double the ammo/round count because we might have a very fast learning, fast shooting, and then fast relay cycling group....

Cheers,
    Barney

I'm hoping there is some rain, I want to try out my new poncho, not sure how it will work with vest, it has arms, will try a few things out.

Business Member
    Okay,

Almost completed my inventory tonight. Ready to load up the war wagon for tomorrow morning. Who is up for dinner at Kelsey's for 1900 hrs?

Usually we gather at Kelsey's on Friday night... gotta stretch the tummy for Saturday night Food Coma at Danny's Steak House. Morgan has given the kind folks at Danny's the heads up for up to 20 hungry shooters to chow down.

Kelsey's baby for 1900... I will have my phone / data in the ON position and monitor this conversation as we get closer to 7 PM or 1900 hrs on Friday.

Remember to hit Perkins Gas Station in Pembroke on the way into town / motel/hotel/ barracks.... It's a must visit for you newbsters to the CQB game. Some decent ammo prices; save on the shipping by picking it up right there...

Kelseys anyone?

Barney

Business Member
    Kelsey's now. Who is here in Petawawa main drag?

Cheers
    Barney

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast