Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 2.5 SKS KwikRail $59.95 includes Kwik Pin!!

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Perfect. Order placed. Can't wait, I bought a cheap red dot a month ago then realized it didn't fit on anything I had! Lol
    Ready to drop off at the post office tomorrow ...

Looks like their website is undergoing some upgrades, but I was still able to order by contacting them with the email listed on their site.

Anyways, for the installation prep, I tried first to yank that tiny retaining pin out on the receiver cover pin with no success (saw some video of a guy doing it), but dremeling it down was pretty quick, then the whole pin slid out. I definitely won't be reusing it (as expected) as I assume it just can fall out now, but no big loss, since I've seen that I can buy replacement pins for cheap if I go back to 100% stock. My rear sight removal just took a screwdriver and a mallet.

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoctum View Post
    Looks like their website is undergoing some upgrades, but I was still able to order by contacting them with the email listed on their site.

Anyways, for the installation prep, I tried first to yank that tiny retaining pin out on the receiver cover pin with no success (saw some video of a guy doing it), but dremeling it down was pretty quick, then the whole pin slid out. I definitely won't be reusing it (as expected) as I assume it just can fall out now, but no big loss, since I've seen that I can buy replacement pins for cheap if I go back to 100% stock. My rear sight removal just took a screwdriver and a mallet.
    If all you did was grind the little nub down I suspect that pin is restorable to original at some point by drilling and inserting a small piece of metal to act as the nub did. It could be either pressure fit or welded/ soldered but must be done while the takedown pin is installed in the rifle.

I keep my old takedown pins, just in case that becomes necessary, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    If all you did was grind the little nub down I suspect that pin is restorable to original at some point by drilling and inserting a small piece of metal to act as the nub did. It could be either pressure fit or welded/ soldered but must be done while the takedown pin is installed in the rifle.

I keep my old takedown pins, just in case that becomes necessary, lol.
    Ahhh, nice, don't even have to buy a new one in that case. And yep, all I did was grind that nub down. Should be no problem to drill now that it's off the rifle and I don't have to worry about slipping. Always good to have the option of going back, though I'm not sure if I ever will once I know what it's like to have a scope on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123