Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Non-restricted DA50s are here!

who makes the carry handle?

I finally gave up on mine. Got the ATRS lower etc. Think my upper was one of the first batch. Thing wouldnt fire and the bolt moves back and forth when a round is in battery (which needless to say made me worried about headspacing or an OOB round being fired). Thought that was kinda sketchy so let it sit for a bit and worked on other projects. Finally after buying a serbu RN50 and having good luck with that, I thought I'd try to get my old DA50 running. I figured out that the firing pin was burred and not even making it through the bolt face. Fixed that with a file. But it was still moving forward and back by about 2-3mm when in battery. So today I took an empty and tried chambering it (I know, probably a mistake since its once fired to a different gun) and tried chambering that to see if it was still moving forward or back. Now the empty is stuck in the chamber, my bolt wont move and I think I broke my buffer tube or stock trying to get the damn thing open, lol. Think im gonna need a few drinks and a hammer to get the sucker running... Dont suppose anyone else has had similar problems and has tips on making the thing act like something other than a 50lb paperweight?

CGN Regular
    Is there an ETA on a canada ammo lower for it?

What's the ETA on the gen2 upper packages: DA50 50BMG COMPLETE RIFLE - NON-RESTRICTED - 26" BARREL

thanks!

I think Canada Ammo is working on the barrel issue at this moment since there are few cases with their gen2 upper.

Quote Originally Posted by EDF339 View Post
    I think Canada Ammo is working on the barrel issue at this moment since there are few cases with their gen2 upper.
    o man seriously? i havent even shot mine, whats wrong with the gen 2?

*Please elaborate on this barrel issue.*

I have the complete rifle NR 32". Very consistent/accurate @100 yd, 50 rounds down range. 300M shoot to be done next week.

- very rough chamber makes for sticky extraction. Step in the chamber near the neck (will drastically reduce reloading life of brass). Head space is fine though.

- had to modify rotating collar behind the bolt head or it would cause the bolt to lock up during bolt open/extraction (solution is to work bolt handle up and down vigorously to free up this collar and unlock the bolt). I surface ground the collar to a different dimension. Milled a second hole in the collar to allow ball and spring to engage to have more torque to rotate this collar out of battery with the bolt head.

- trigger was installed with the trigger pin binding the hammer spring (set screw forcing the pin cutout against the spring). I reversed the pin and fixed marred pin hole. Trigger pull was still horrendous, so I put in a Colt Canada trigger (only trigger w/o disconnector). Now using the safety to take up slack before firing, the trigger pull is awesome!! 2.5lb maybe. The safety is a dead lockup, but I would not carry the firearm loaded without the safety on. (I would never anyways).

- had to file hand guard pic rail slot (not true picatinny) to accept Atlas bipod QD mount (ADM).

All of this sounds a little discouraging, but with some TLC, this is a fine rifle for the price.

CGN Regular
    Last edited by Above49TH; 07-28-2017 at 05:04 PM.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Quote Originally Posted by tony9000 View Post
    o man seriously? i havent even shot mine, whats wrong with the gen 2?
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...pinions-needed

you can find some detail from this thread and let me know if you would like to see pics since photobucket doesn't allow relink to 3rd party now. I am still awaiting the answer(ETA for new batch of barrel) from Canada ammo and my gen2 32" uppber was shipped back on 12th June.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...pinions-needed

you can find some detail from this thread and let me know if you would like to see pics since photobucket doesn't allow relink to 3rd party now. I am still awaiting the answer(ETA for new batch of barrel) from Canada ammo and my gen2 32" uppber was shipped back on 12th June.
    Thank you EDF339.

I have read the entire thread in the link. During my conversations with CanAm I did not get the impression that the problem was so well known.

Even though I can't see your pictures, the description is very clear. I would say that my chamber looks the same. I have not cleaned the chamber, so the brass from firing is etched into the grooves, making extraction easier.

I was thinking of a chamber hone, but did not want to deal with the head spacing issues that would come with it.