Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 919212223242526272829303132333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 have officially arrived in CANADA

Can you guys confirm all the newer X95s come with the IDF charging handles?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by cwblackwell88 View Post
    The new batch has the idf charging handles.. should have waited!
    We were misled into buying the first batch, specially the ones who pre-ordered after seeing all the advertisement pictures with IDF CH

The good old bait and switch. I just asked Wolverine to order me a IDF handle. No big deal.

stupid question, but what's the difference with the IDF charging handle, I tried looking it up but can't find any. any info is greatly appreciated

CGN Regular
    Just got mine. IDF handle. Thanks from bringing these in NS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    stupid question, but what's the difference with the IDF charging handle, I tried looking it up but can't find any. any info is greatly appreciated
    Personal preference really, the old one was IDF too, just the old style that sticks straight out and slides in place. The current up to date style hinges forward (almost like a Vector CH but with less hinge action) so as to not stick out as far or be as painful when it is slung across your back.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Thanks for the info onetwentyish, looks like I got the older style. Not a to big of a deal for me, maybe one day ill switch it to the newer style.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Personal preference really, the old one was IDF too, just the old style that sticks straight out and slides in place. The current up to date style hinges forward (almost like a Vector CH but with less hinge action) so as to not stick out as far or be as painful when it is slung across your back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srnm View Post
    Thanks for the info onetwentyish, looks like I got the older style. Not a to big of a deal for me, maybe one day ill switch it to the newer style.
    Dont be suprised if we see something interesting from RPM Tool, Gear Head Works, or Manticore Arms either. I am sure someone will design a slim line true folding CH in the not to distent future.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Dont be suprised if we see something interesting from RPM Tool, Gear Head Works, or Manticore Arms either. I am sure someone will design a slim line true folding CH in the not to distent future.
    This?

https://www.manticorearms.com/tavor-...ng-handle.html

CCFR MDRGC

ohh pretty. The newer IDF one is really good though.

The forward folding IDF handle ( or any folding handle) is overrated .

The reason for its existence is that Israelis like to attach a vertical grip to everything. They are issued an even shorter hand guard and they have no choice but to use vertical grips. Having a forward folding cocking handle on the left side will not bother them.

If you intend to C-clamp the hand guard, both the front sling QD socket and the forward folding cocking handle will allow little space for your hand. You will also get the inside of your waist/lower palm jabbed by the cocking handle all the time. Stoppage drill is also simpler and faster with a non-folding one.

The size and shape of the cocking handle is not very important at the end of the day because the location is crappy anyways, the better option is to put it on the right side.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account