Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 have officially arrived in CANADA

CGN frequent flyer
    it's the one in the picture, on the top left corner, labelled as CPD. didn't open it as I figure it would be the 5-rd mag.

Quote Originally Posted by CyprusTM View Post
    What mag did they ship with? Same mag as the Tavor 21?

Looks great, waiting for mine sucks.
    CSSA Life Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Norseman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbench View Post
    Reason for the question was the issue to file the PMags to allow proper clearances wasntsure if that was fixed by IMI?

Magpul fixed that with Gen 3 pmags

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Magpul fixed that with Gen 3 pmags
    No they didn't. Gen 3 Pmags still don't drop free on US spec X95's. MAC tested it.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbench View Post
    Reason for the question was the issue to file the PMags to allow proper clearances wasntsure if that was fixed by IMI?
    To be fair the issue is not with the rifles, but rather the mags. Standard AR mags have a U shaped notch in the spine for the bolt hold open, where as some pmags (specifically the Gen 2) have a V shaped cut.

One more thing... it is IWI, not IMI.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Got mine. Initial impressions, very well built. Trigger is definitely a bit better than a normal Tavor 21, but not by a long shot. Gun balances just the same but feels more robust and slimmer. The color is a REAL IDF OD and not some forest green crap the U.S. got. IWI definitely changed their dye on the polymer and these are spectacularily non flashy and go with OD gear much better. The internals have been hardened which is why they look brownish in photos, makes for a much stronger bolt carrier and bolt. This thing will survive serious abuse and probably doesn't need lube or cleaning at all. Backup sights are a bit wonky but they work and co-witness with any AR mounted scope or red dot. Great package altogether. We definitely got a better gun than the U.S., but shafted in certain ways (Namely the charging handle), but I can live with that.

One point to note, my USED magpul gen 3 mags won't drop free, but newer, less used ones will. All GI or metal mags drop free too.

The gun comes with the soft case, manual, a U.S. made mag (Definitely not junk though) and cleaning kit. Top notch service from Tenda, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few who actually has his hands on the OD versions of these, since they pulled an arm and a leg to source me one.
    Last edited by Conscript; 02-28-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it. -Jeff Cooper

D.V.C.

CGN Regular
    ^ can you show pictures of this brownish hardened internals?

You'll need to take the bolt carrier out, but you can definitely see ALL the steel is hardened. Not sure if this was the case on the Tavor 21's, but it's definitely a nice touch on the X95.

D.V.C.

Got my od today too..feels nice... weighs exactly 8pounds 2 oz without a mag ... same as the tar21.... noticed it has 2 ejector " pistons" vs 1 in the tar21 otherwise trigger is much nicer than tar.
    " incoming rounds have the right of way "

As to hardened internals, both look the same to me
    " incoming rounds have the right of way "

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dolannd View Post
    Got my od today too..feels nice... weighs exactly 8pounds 2 oz without a mag ... same as the tar21.... noticed it has 2 ejector " pistons" vs 1 in the tar21 otherwise trigger is much nicer than tar.
    Wow never thought they would add an extra ejector. Is it side by side?