Thread: Cz455 barrels

CGN Regular

Cz455 barrels

Have you ever considered making some short barrels for the cz455?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivardo View Post
    Have you ever considered making some short barrels for the cz455?
    No, sorry. People normally buy bolt guns for accuracy which is why the CZ's come with 20"+ barrels, short barrels are not optimal for that.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    No, sorry. People normally buy bolt guns for accuracy which is why the CZ's come with 20"+ barrels, short barrels are not optimal for that.
    Would you consider making Longer barrels then? Say 24" plus with or without a taper profile for the varmint series 455?

CGN Regular
    I think there would be a market for cz455 barrels in Canada. Especially if you offered different calibers. Short barrel in a mdt lss chassis with a collapsible stock would be nice. Keep the barrel length at the min to make the rifle oal 26". I guess I can keep dreaming lol. Thanks for the reply

CGN frequent flyer
    You can buy some cz models with short barrels. The scout with irons or the American which is threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivardo View Post
    I think there would be a market for cz455 barrels in Canada. Especially if you offered different calibers. Short barrel in a mdt lss chassis with a collapsible stock would be nice. Keep the barrel length at the min to make the rifle oal 26". I guess I can keep dreaming lol. Thanks for the reply
    Seems an odd combo to me. Toss the action in a great chassis to improve accuracy. Then put a really short barrel on it to drop accuracy back down?

CGN frequent flyer
    Short barrels aren't less accurate than longer barrels (within reason).

I will pop into CZ's booth at IWA and suggest it to them.....(;
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    At what length have you found your 22lr barrels start losing accuracy. I'm thinking (would like) a 12"-14" barrel but I don't want to give up accuracy. I would rather have a little extra length.... ... than a short barrel that sprays and prays
    Last edited by Rivardo; 02-24-2017 at 07:31 PM.