Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Wanstalls: A Day at the Gun Shop" (or, "Why I Will Be Broke for the Rest of M Life")

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    It's hilarious how many people there were saying "You're CravingGlory? Hey, I read your posts on CGN!" What a great group of guys and amazing experience that was!
    Glad you had a great time D! Hope you learnt some fun stuff and Matt did good on your Aero! Gun ran fine and you had a nice build!
    Remember to run it wet and see you at a match!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Glad you had a great time D! Hope you learnt some fun stuff and Matt did good on your Aero! Gun ran fine and you had a nice build!
    Remember to run it wet and see you at a match!
    Vince was awesome. When my buffer tube turned and pinched the buffer detent in, I was so pissed off I was ready to walk. Vince calmed me down, we found the problem, did a field fix and the rest of the day it ran flawlessly. No idea why my bcg ran bone dry after such a short time when Matt lubed up my entire rifle the night before (something that pissed off lil George only slightly less then a gloved finger making it take a full second to hit my mag release) ;-) Having a brand new red-dot not turning on and having to just eyeball my shots kind of sucked too, but the only pressure I felt was put on me by myself (and a bit from lil George, that dude is no joke!) ;-) Great balance by the boys chosen to manage each station too.

I do owe the ability to take part in everything to Matt and Wanstalls for sure. I've always loved the place, but now it has a personal connection for me, which I know is there for the taking for anyone else who steps foot in the shop!
    Planning on living forever. So far, so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dillybar87 View Post
    Hands down the best gunshop in the lower mainland!!!
    Yes sir.....couldnt agree more!!
    I don't have an attitude problem; you must have a perception problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CravingGlory View Post
    Vince was awesome. When my buffer tube turned and pinched the buffer detent in, I was so pissed off I was ready to walk. Vince calmed me down, we found the problem, did a field fix and the rest of the day it ran flawlessly. No idea why my bcg ran bone dry after such a short time when Matt lubed up my entire rifle the night before (something that pissed off lil George only slightly less then a gloved finger making it take a full second to hit my mag release) ;-) Having a brand new red-dot not turning on and having to just eyeball my shots kind of sucked too, but the only pressure I felt was put on me by myself (and a bit from lil George, that dude is no joke!) ;-) Great balance by the boys chosen to manage each station too.

I do owe the ability to take part in everything to Matt and Wanstalls for sure. I've always loved the place, but now it has a personal connection for me, which I know is there for the taking for anyone else who steps foot in the shop!
    What kind of lube did Matt use that ran your bcg bone dry in such a short period of time?
    Space for rent.

Wanstalls is for sure one of my favourite places to spend hard earned cash on my favourite hobby.
    What's this Tac rifle course you guys are talking about though, I've been looking for something like that for a while now.
    One that doesn't force me to do a bunch of "prerequisites pistol courses" first.
    (Not interested in doing transition to pistol, that's all). Standing or sitting at a bench and shooting at targets is fun but can get a little tedious sometimes.

Its a bit (minor) drive for me with many other LGS in the area, but, Wanstalls does stand out. Problem being, to justify the extra gas I always end up buying something. Have to limit myself to two trips a year now....

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Wanstalls is for sure one of my favourite places to spend hard earned cash on my favourite hobby.
    What's this Tac rifle course you guys are talking about though, I've been looking for something like that for a while now.
    One that doesn't force me to do a bunch of "prerequisites pistol courses" first.
    (Not interested in doing transition to pistol, that's all). Standing or sitting at a bench and shooting at targets is fun but can get a little tedious sometimes.
    http://www.chilliwackfishandgame.com...o/black-rifle/

Quote Originally Posted by zenmagic View Post
    What kind of lube did Matt use that ran your bcg bone dry in such a short period of time?
    Some kind of grease, not sure what though.

Thanks

BANNED
    No. Wanstalls was unable to talk me out of buying their Coonan. They failed miserably and I bought it lmao.

Great people to deal with indeed. Even a follow-up phone call after what for me is a big purchase to confirm info. It inspires confidence, for sure. +1 Wanstalls.

Cannon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12