Thread: Question Regarding Hard Armour Levels

Question Regarding Hard Armour Levels

I am hoping you can tell me the differences between your 10x12 AR500 L4 and 10x12 AR500 L3+ hard armour?

Both products listed on the website state:
    These plates are 100% Canadian made AR500 PLATE, heat treated formed, HTSR, and coated with HEAVY anti-spall treatment. 10X12 AR500 L3+. Set of 2 plates.
    This base AR500 plate is a custom blend to our spec to get the correct heat treatment and temper. The plate will stop up to 762 nato 150gr ball, 762x39 and 556 nato muti-strike.
    Does that mean they both give the same protection? Please help a newbie to armour understand.

Thanks!

I'm sure S&J will answer soon but Level 4 is supposed to stop AP 30-06 (armour piercing) and multi hit 7.62/5.56 and below. Level 3+ will stop multi hit 7.62 M80/7.62x39/5.56 green tip M855 and below. You can YouTube S&J plates and watch some tests.
    CCFR-CSSA-NFA-NRA

Quote Originally Posted by guncrazy5606 View Post
    I'm sure S&J will answer soon but Level 4 is supposed to stop AP 30-06 (armour piercing) and multi hit 7.62/5.56 and below. Level 3+ will stop multi hit 7.62 M80/7.62x39/5.56 green tip M855 and below. You can YouTube S&J plates and watch some tests.

just like you said, the only difference is the L4 will take 3006 AP round, nit that any have been made since Korea...
    NIJ standards are mostly out of tought with whats going on today.
    But it is the "standard" that money follow around the world
    S&J

Quote Originally Posted by guncrazy5606 View Post
    Thanks, I'll head to YouTube now

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    just like you said, the only difference is the L4 will take 3006 AP round, nit that any have been made since Korea...
    NIJ standards are mostly out of tought with whats going on today.
    But it is the "standard" that money follow around the world
    S&J
    Thanks for the quick response. What happens to a body when the plates are hit? Is there something that should be used in conjunction with the plate and carrier?

I think most of S&Js stuff is stand alone, you don't need anything else to back it up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ShawnC6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by maple leaf View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. What happens to a body when the plates are hit? Is there something that should be used in conjunction with the plate and carrier?
    Most hard armor will have less punch behind it.

Kevlar would feel like getting drop kicked in the chest from a pistol round.

Thanks for the responses