Thread: Thanks Kelly's, Exceptional Service on new gun replacement

Thanks Kelly's, Exceptional Service on new gun replacement

Just wanted to send a public thanks out to Kelly's for going above and beyond.

I was torn between the Akkar Churchill 206 or the Hatsan Silver Select but decided on the Hatsan and placed the order with Kelly's over the phone last Wednesday. Yesterday the gun arrived and everything looked great, it didn't appear to be man handled or a display model, it was new as had been expected. The engraving and quality of wood were beyond my expectations for such an inexpensive O/U. I was going to attach the barrels to the receiver when I noticed rust on the bottom barrel where it would make contact with the receiver. I'd never seen that before on a new gun but figured it must have not been oiled from the factory or perhaps that spot of the barrel didn't get finished correctly. Anyways, I didn't want to play with it as it's new and decided to package it back up.

Kelly's opens at 9 so I called at 9:10 this morning and explained the situation. Without hesitation he apologized (no one's fault here) and offered to send a replacement gun today as well as refund the shipping I would have to pay to send the other one back. This is excellent service. I was expecting not to have a replacement sent out until this one was returned and accepted or I though I may have been redirected to a service center like another thread on here I was just reading about.

Anyways, at just over 4 today I got an email with the tracking number for the replacement that was sent out and thought the great service was worth mentioning. I'll definitely buy more from them in the future.

Thanks Kelly's!

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Just ordered a new Tavor from Kellys based partly on this service write up
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    Just ordered a new Tavor from Kellys based partly on this service write up
    This was my first time dealing with them, excellent first impression. Have fun with the Tavor ☺

My first ever firearm was purchased from them, a CZ Shadow 2. Great experience and because it's my first restricted he gave me tips on how to accelerate the process, which did help a lot. Oh and their price on the shadow 2 was the lowest that I could find at the time.