Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Diemaco C8 Uppers, Bolt Carriers & Charging Handles.

I got my two yesterday. They are indeed surplus and fairly well worn, lots of handling marks / bumps / scratches. But that is what you expect with a surplus firearm. The barrels on mine look really good, a little bit of Cam pin wear on one of them. No rust at all, under the handguards the barrels look brand new. Handguards are fairly loose, and I one rifle had a replacement handguard, so a bit of a mismatch there. The charging handles are worn but functional. The BCG's are decent. One BCG has definetely seen a fair amount of use compared to the other one and it has a replacement bolt in it and it has a number (serial number??) engraved on the carrier. Overall I'm just happy to have them. Now to turn one of the uppers into a C7

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Larry Vickers wants to get a C8 upper for his up coming book. Have a look in the EE...

I wonder if any of those uppers belonged to the C8 that I carried in Afghanistan.

Hmmm, I must have lucked out. The upper that I got looks to have been barely carried and rarely fired. I really wanted to recreate the C8 that I carried in Afghanistan on my first tour in early to mid-2002. I had the spare Redi-Mag on hand, which is what I used overseas. Now I'm just waiting on the correct Fibrelite Buttstock to come in from the good 'ole USA. Should be here any day now...

Anyhow, here's what I'm talking about. Did anyone else score one like mine? Let's see some more pics!

The shine on the barrel in the last pic is oil. The finish is still about 95% phosphated.
    Mark C

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    ^^^ prb not a good idea to advertise a vendor in another vendors forum, great rifle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Hmmm, I must have lucked out. The upper that I got looks to have been barely carried and rarely fired. I really wanted to recreate the C8 that I carried in Afghanistan on my first tour in early to mid-2002. I had the spare Redi-Mag on hand, which is what I used overseas. Now I'm just waiting on the correct Fibrelite Buttstock to come in from the good 'ole USA. Should be here any day now...

Anyhow, here's what I'm talking about. Did anyone else score one like mine? Let's see some more pics!

The shine on the barrel in the last pic is oil. The finish is still about 95% phosphated.
    Looks like that one is about as perfect as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Larry Vickers wants to get a C8 upper for his up coming book. Have a look in the EE...
    Think that's been taken care of....

Wow that one's in extremely nice shape.

I personally want one that has heavy wear on the exterior.

I was just notified that these were back in stock but they show as all sold out. A glitch? Or did they go that fast?

^^^^

I managed to grab an upper and a bcg today when I got the email notification. I can't wait to get it as I was pretty bummed out when I missed them the first time.
    Hopefully its a glitch and you're not SOL Leg. I know that feeling
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavour the protected shall never know". L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft