Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1949 sks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty-thirty View Post
    You could get three for 600$ only 2 years ago. Are these from Иосиф Сталин 's personal security detail? Or am I missing something?
    1949, fairly rare!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    You can always spend another $15 from a sponsor and get an internally pinned mag!
    That defeats the entire purpose of a numbers # SKS and hard to find year, especially when the importer is too lazy/doesn't want to get them properly pinned. It would be like buying a motorcycle that rather than having a speed limiter on it, has a anchor lazily chained to it because the dealer doesn't want to spend an extra little bit of effort to set it up properly.

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    The welded mags really pulls the value of a sks down for me... to pin them is the way to go!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestus View Post
    That defeats the entire purpose of a numbers # SKS and hard to find year, especially when the importer is too lazy/doesn't want to get them properly pinned. It would be like buying a motorcycle that rather than having a speed limiter on it, has a anchor lazily chained to it because the dealer doesn't want to spend an extra little bit of effort to set it up properly.
    That is the way they did it back in the day, if you want a 1949, this is it, at least for now!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

That is the way they did it back in the day, if you want a 1949, this is it, at least for now!
    What? "Back in the day", you know these are coming in "Fresh" from overseas and they are doing this pinning before sending them here right?

BBQ paint franken pinned mismatched mag...

But then again... better than with a UN mark on it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestus View Post
    What? "Back in the day", you know these are coming in "Fresh" from overseas and they are doing this pinning before sending them here right?
    I don't think so, I am pretty sure these are old stock, not positive but Westrifle can say, why would they still be welding when there are 3 or more different methods!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't think so, I am pretty sure these are old stock, not positive but Westrifle can say, why would they still be welding when there are 3 or more different methods!
    I tried looking to see if there were Molot marks on them which would indicate fairly new imports, but the pic is on the wrong side!

Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    but then again... Better than with a un mark on it
    x2 !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast