Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWA 2017: Ritter and Stark SX-1 Modular Tactical Rifle

IWA 2017: Ritter and Stark SX-1 Modular Tactical Rifle

The Austrian company Ritter and Stark was jam packed with people on the first day of the show, so I did not get the chance to see what the big deal is until today.

As it is called Modular Tactical Rifle, it can be adapted to 308, 300 win mag and 338 Lapua Mag. To switch calibre, only 3 things that need to be done: swapping out the barrel, the magazine well and the bolt head.

The rifles uses Rem trigger. The trigger installed in this rifle is made by Bnix Andy, an Austrian company. The trigger is adjustable, and it can be adjusted to work as either a single stage or 2 stage. The mag well is fastened to the chassis with 1 bolt. 308 uses SR25 pattern mag ( Pmag). 300 win mag and 338 LM use AI mags.

To switch calibre, unlock the firing pin, remove the cam pin and swap out the bolt

The barrel sits inside a U-shape channel in the aluminium receiver, and clamped down by 3 cross bolts. The optic mounting rail is attached to the barrel. Calibre can be changed without detaching the optic. The user theoretically does not need to re-zero the weapon if the optics stay with its own barrel.

Ritter and Stark claims that their barrels have no cold bore effect, this is because they use a process slimier to EDM to etch the riflings. The process is not the typical cut rifling, button rifling or cold hammer forging. The result is min. amount of stress is induced to the barrel by the rifling process and therefore wrapping is minimized. The factory guarantee accuracy better than 0.5MOA with a 3 round group out of the shop floor.

Stock uses standard AR15 extension tube thread size and nut.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Did they indicate an expected MSRP?

Quote Originally Posted by saitek11 View Post
    Did they indicate an expected MSRP?
    $6500US retail at Shot Show

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

That's a pretty cool bi-pod. Does anyone know if Ritter and Stark makes the bi-pod? Or if it can be purchased elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by valtro12 View Post
    That's a pretty cool bi-pod. Does anyone know if Ritter and Stark makes the bi-pod? Or if it can be purchased elsewhere?
    Bipod is made in England by another manufacturer & is about 330 British pounds

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Interesting part about the rifling....is this typically only done for higher end barrels?
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

BANNED
    What is their OAL cartridge length in .338 Lapua Mag?

Insight on this would be greatly appreciate

CGN frequent flyer
    They look nice but using a rem trigger and SR25 mags for 308 is odd in my opinion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Very interesting rifle!
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    Interesting part about the rifling....is this typically only done for higher end barrels?
    I've never seen this done before at all. I have heard of this being a possible solution for high heat machine gun barrels to be lined with Inconel/Stellite (as it's not normally easy to machine those materials with standard cutting procedures)

I would assume it would be extremely expensive based on EDM machining costs, although I can see it being somewhat quick compared to single-broach cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    They look nice but using a rem trigger and SR25 mags for 308 is odd in my opinion.
    There are a ton of great Rem700 triggers out there (as stated it uses a custom one) and this would help bring the costs down I think, as for the magazine; DPMS style mags are pretty decent and allow a much higher capacity than an AICS style. I don't think OAL would be a huge issue as DPMS mags aren't very constricting. You get to use KAC SR25 mags, DPMS and of course .308 Pmags.

Although I'm sure there would be another mag well for AICS mags if you had an aversion to the DPMS pattern ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast