IWA 2017: Heckler and Koch Part 3 - HK MR308 and MR223 Rifles

HK 417 - military/LE, full auto bolt and barrel extension.
HK MR308 HK commercial anywhere but US, made in Germany. Barrel Thread size is 15X1 HK standard. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension
HK MR762 HK USA commercial, some parts are machined in the US from German materials. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension.

The barrels between MR and the Gov/LE models are different. They are all chrome lined now, but there are subtle differences I suspect in the way they are chambered and crowned.

BTW thank for teh cheat sheet version of the differences. SO for us, the relevant version is MR308

HK 417 - military/LE, full auto bolt and barrel extension.
HK MR308 HK commercial anywhere but US, made in Germany. Barrel Thread size is 15X1 HK standard. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension
HK MR762 HK USA commercial, some parts are machined in the US from German materials. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension.

The barrels between MR and the Gov/LE models are different. They are all chrome lined now, but there are subtle differences I suspect in the way they are chambered and crowned.

The 417 is also an aluminum receiver correct? The g28 is the only variant of this type with the steel receiver unless I'm mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The 417 is also an aluminum receiver correct? The g28 is the only variant of this type with the steel receiver unless I'm mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes, only G28 uses a steel receiver. Personally I am not sure it really needs a steel receiver.

Are just uppers going to be available and if so will they fit the early MR223 lowers? I'd love to put a 11" on my MR223 as needed... ;)

The original, very first European MR223 is proprietary. That wouldn't fit anything other than its own upper.

If your upper uses 'commercial extension tube" and have a bevelled shoulder on the barrel where the flash suppressor screws on, it is likely you have a very early MR223 with proprietary lower.

Back
Top Bottom