CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: IWA 2017: Heckler and Koch Part 3 - HK MR308 and MR223 Rifles

  1. #21
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    HK 417 - military/LE, full auto bolt and barrel extension.
    HK MR308 HK commercial anywhere but US, made in Germany. Barrel Thread size is 15X1 HK standard. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension
    HK MR762 HK USA commercial, some parts are machined in the US from German materials. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension.

    The barrels between MR and the Gov/LE models are different. They are all chrome lined now, but there are subtle differences I suspect in the way they are chambered and crowned.
    BTW thank for teh cheat sheet version of the differences. SO for us, the relevant version is MR308

  2. #22
    CGN frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    pardon my ignorance again, what is a barrel extension?
    AR design specific screw on part with "star" chamber locking lugs, you also can see feed ramps machined in it. Unless you are building your own AR it is already installed.
    CCFR and CSSA member.

  3. #23
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    HK 417 - military/LE, full auto bolt and barrel extension.
    HK MR308 HK commercial anywhere but US, made in Germany. Barrel Thread size is 15X1 HK standard. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension
    HK MR762 HK USA commercial, some parts are machined in the US from German materials. Semi Auto bolt carrier and barrel extension.

    The barrels between MR and the Gov/LE models are different. They are all chrome lined now, but there are subtle differences I suspect in the way they are chambered and crowned.
    The 417 is also an aluminum receiver correct? The g28 is the only variant of this type with the steel receiver unless I'm mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.

  4. #24
    Administrator greentips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pluton
    Posts
    14,198
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    The 417 is also an aluminum receiver correct? The g28 is the only variant of this type with the steel receiver unless I'm mistaken. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Yes, only G28 uses a steel receiver. Personally I am not sure it really needs a steel receiver.


    Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

  5. #25
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Yes, only G28 uses a steel receiver. Personally I am not sure it really needs a steel receiver.
    is it billet/milled or forged steel?

  6. #26
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Yes, only G28 uses a steel receiver. Personally I am not sure it really needs a steel receiver.
    It was done in request with the german army no?

  7. #27
    CGN frequent flyer Stoner99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,688
    Quote Originally Posted by r34skyline View Post
    It was done in request with the german army no?
    The Actual people doing the tests wanted the MR308 barrel non chrome lined.

  8. #28
    GunNutz trimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    59
    I do not buy anything, but anything that is made from Germany.

  9. #29
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    1,260
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    I do not buy anything, but anything that is made from Germany.
    Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's "made in Germany" not "made from Germany"

  10. #30
    GunNutz SwL_Wildcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    District 9 for the foreseeable future.
    Posts
    8,146
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    The 11" MR223 can't get here fast enough...
    Are just uppers going to be available and if so will they fit the early MR223 lowers? I'd love to put a 11" on my MR223 as needed...
    This is not going to end well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •