Thread: IWA 2017: New Striker Pistols CZ P10 C and Beretta APX

IWA 2017: New Striker Pistols CZ P10 C and Beretta APX

CZ P10 C is the new striker plastic pistol offered by CZ small arms. Let's be honest, it is really a CZ Glock, but without all the short comings of Glock. The grip angle and the "feel" is extremely close to Glock but without the blockiness. This is mostly it has less material along the grip line extended to the slide. The trigger has a straighter bow and it has an extremely short reset for a polymer striker gun, as a matter of fact, I think it has the lightest trigger and shortest reset I have ever experienced. Officially the weight is 22N and the reset is 4mm, but whatever it is, it is the best striker trigger I have ever seen.

While the aesthetic of the P10 C is rather mediocre, the spec is pretty impressive. 50K rounds of barrel life and 30K rounds for other parts. All the internal guts are stainless steel and the slide is nitrocarburized. The magazine of the P10 C is backward compatible with all the old "P" pistols, but not the other way around. The gun comes with 2X15-round mags and 2X2 round extension based plates. Word is that the full size will come after the C, and then the subcompact. The full size will also come with picatinny rail on the dust cover, instead of the one bar slot. For Canadians, we will have to wait for the full size as the C has the 4" bbl.

Overall I am impressed. I might have to go buy one myself.

The Beretta APX scores 10 out of 10 in aesthetics. The grip angle is not in the vein of Glock, but more towards the HK SF9's approach. Like the SIG P320, the firearms is the trigger pack in a metal chases, and it can be put into different lower frames.

I have high hope for the APX, but unfortunately I personally find it a bit fallen short of expectation. The trigger feels sightly heavier than the SF9, but the reset feels much longer. The slide feels a bit wide, to those who criticize the Remington RP9, the APX is not on the thin side. This is most likely due to fact that it was built to take 40 S&W right off the bat.

The pistol is of course useable, and it has some great thought out ergonomics and features. Unfortunately, I am not sure how it can win over HK SFP9 - especially now HK is putting push button magazine release in SFP9.

Last edited by greentips; 03-03-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Eta on the cZ ?

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar
    Greentips,

How would the trigger on the P10 compare to the Walther PPQ? What I've gathered for a good while regarding striker-fired plastic pistols is the general consensus that the HK SFP9 and Walther PPQ have the best factory triggers on the market, with a slight edge being given to the PPQ. Does it look as if CZ might elbow out HK and Walther for top spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy Stardust View Post
    Greentips,

How would the trigger on the P10 compare to the Walther PPQ? What I've gathered for a good while regarding striker-fired plastic pistols is the general consensus that the HK SFP9 and Walther PPQ have the best factory triggers on the market, with a slight edge being given to the PPQ. Does it look as if CZ might elbow out HK and Walther for top spot?
    Most pistols have a single trigger transfer bar. The P10 has double trigger transfer bars, so the "transfer" is much more even because there is no "torque" created as the trigger is pressed.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The Beretta APX scores 10 out of 10 in aesthetics.
    Tell me you're joking!! The only thing uglier than the APX is a HiPoint!!

That aside, thanks for the reports!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Gotta start saving for the CZ ...
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

Quote Originally Posted by phat eagle View Post
    tell me you're joking!! The only thing uglier than the apx is a hipoint!!

That aside, thanks for the reports!
    i +1

Want P10.

Is the reset really shorter than that of the Grand Power K100 though?
    Canada is done, save the West.

Where can I buy a cz p10 in canada?