Thread: Quick Question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar

Quick Question

evening

i noticed you guys took over AmmoSupply.ca back on Feb 13, 2017

just curious what if any changed we might see?
    i ask because i use to order ammo from AmmoSupply and i went to your web page and you dont have any of the stuff i use to get from them.
    my dad is a member of your guys range in Calgary and i knew he was going there last weekend to do some shooting so i asked him to check out the ammo at the store.
    he said if anything you guys are carrying a lot less than you use to carry.

so i guess im wondering why you guys absorbed a ammo selling website if you guys dont plan to continue it or absorb it and make your own website do at least the same as what ammosupply use to do?
    just seems strange.

im no business man so im probably missing some fine point of business or something.
    if your online store does not offer what ammosupply use to sell then i apologies, i find your website very hard to navigate and could not find the ammo i was looking for.
    ..... which may be a subtle suggestion to make your ammo selling part of your website a little more user friendly.... say like what ammosupply use to have?
    /endunsubtlesuggestion

(if you have a second maybe you can point me to the 10mm ammo)
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

I'm guessing the bigger business bought the smaller business (AmmoSupply.ca) to eliminate the competition and likely have no intentions of offering product and prices like AmmoSupply.ca did...
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    [QUOTE=MET;13578755]I'm guessing the bigger business bought the smaller business (AmmoSupply.ca) to eliminate the competition and likely have no intentions of offering product and prices like AmmoSupply.ca did... [/
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I'm guessing the bigger business bought the smaller business (AmmoSupply.ca) to eliminate the competition and likely have no intentions of offering product and prices like AmmoSupply.ca did...
    This matter was covered in detail elsewhere:

We did not buy ammosupply.

We do however have a wonderful friendship with the people that do/did own it.

When AmmoKate decided to close the doors, we bought the remaining inventory and as a goodwill gesture, they pointed their domain to us.

We/I have nothing but respect for the couple that own AmmoSupply. We also had nothing to do with their decision to close.

Further, as we have SIGNIFICANT overhead, we cannot survive on the margins previously offered by AmmoSupply. It has nothing sinister to do with the industry. It is simply a commercial reality.

I trust this matter is closed.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Further, as we have SIGNIFICANT overhead, we cannot survive on the margins previously offered by AmmoSupply.
    Excellent... understood.

Quote Originally Posted by wayupnorth View Post
    i find your website very hard to navigate and could not find the ammo i was looking for.
    (if you have a second maybe you can point me to the 10mm ammo)
    However, I politely ask if you foresee your inventories of ammunition to increase? Have you or are you looking to use AmmoSupply's contacts in the supply side to increase your inventories?

Regardless of other comments and/or opinions I feel a status of your future inventory now that clients are being directed to you is valid.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Regular
    [QUOTE=TSE JR;13579640]
    I'm guessing the bigger business bought the smaller business (AmmoSupply.ca) to eliminate the competition and likely have no intentions of offering product and prices like AmmoSupply.ca did... [/

When AmmoKate decided to close the doors, we bought the remaining inventory and as a goodwill gesture, they pointed their domain to us.

We/I have nothing but respect for the couple that own AmmoSupply. We also had nothing to do with their decision to close.

Further, as we have SIGNIFICANT overhead, we cannot survive on the margins previously offered by AmmoSupply. It has nothing sinister to do with the industry. It is simply a commercial reality.

JR
    Website is probably adding to the confusion. Copy and paste from ammosupply website.

February 13th 2017 - As of today, The Shooting Edge Inc has acquired AmmoSupply.ca.

As a thank you to the many thousands of customers AmmoSupply.ca has received over the years, we’re pleased to provide you all with a time-limited discount at The Shooting Edge.

Coupon code: AmmoKate

[QUOTE=flange;13580111]
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Website is probably adding to the confusion. Copy and paste from ammosupply website.

February 13th 2017 - As of today, The Shooting Edge Inc has acquired AmmoSupply.ca.

As a thank you to the many thousands of customers AmmoSupply.ca has received over the years, we’re pleased to provide you all with a time-limited discount at The Shooting Edge.

Coupon code: AmmoKate
    Exactly, the above is where things got confusing as it clearly states "February 13th 2017 - As of today, The Shooting Edge Inc has acquired AmmoSupply.ca."

No mention they just bought up the remaining Ammosupply inventory.

TSE cleared that up.
    Last edited by MET; 03-05-2017 at 04:43 PM.
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Excellent... understood.

However, I politely ask if you foresee your inventories of ammunition to increase? Have you or are you looking to use AmmoSupply's contacts in the supply side to increase your inventories?

Regardless of other comments and/or opinions I feel a status of your future inventory now that clients are being directed to you is valid.
    We are actually working with AmmoKate to up our offerings. She did such an awesome job, it would be crazy not to listen to her advice.

To be honest, right now our concentration is focused on gearing up for our easter sale... this also helps bring our ammo offerings up to spec.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Excellent... understood.

We are actually working with AmmoKate to up our offerings. She did such an awesome job, it would be crazy not to listen to her advice.

To be honest, right now our concentration is focused on gearing up for our easter sale... this also helps bring our ammo offerings up to spec.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Where has Kate gone? I was very critical of her after a deal on her site went bad. But I noticed how hard she fought during the last election to bring attention to gun rights and I think her heart has been in the right place. I hope she hasn't moved on...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    [QUOTE=TSE JR;13579640]
    I'm guessing the bigger business bought the smaller business (AmmoSupply.ca) to eliminate the competition and likely have no intentions of offering product and prices like AmmoSupply.ca did... [/

JR
    Thanks JR.
    I hadn't seen the post where this was covered, i was just trying to find out if you guys where gonna fill the hole that is left.
    ill have my dad to continue to stalk your store for 10mm ammo.
    again many thanks for the speedy reply.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.