Thread: Purchased a handgun privately

Purchased a handgun privately

When purchasing a handgun privately, do I have to phone RCMP with the Transfer # I received from seller, before they send me ownership?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Yes. The seller usually initiates the transfer. He will contact you with the Transfer reference number. You will then call the CFO to complete the Transfer. They will ask you a bunch of questions.
    Once done, wait for approval. Ask for Approval to come via email. Faster that way.
    Seller will ship gun when Transfer is approved.
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

Yes. Call with the transfer number and confirm some information, then wait a few days or weeks for the approval and then the owner can get a STATT and mail it to you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    If you haven't already, make sure you've got your range membership on file with them too, they've been delaying ALOT of people because of this recently.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    If you haven't already, make sure you've got your range membership on file with them too, they've been delaying ALOT of people because of this recently.

Good advice but this does not apply to us in Ontario. We do not need to be a member of a range

Quote "We do not need to be a member of a range"

We do not need to be a member of a range yet... There fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Yes. The seller usually initiates the transfer. He will contact you with the Transfer reference number. You will then call the CFO to complete the Transfer. They will ask you a bunch of questions.
    Once done, wait for approval. Ask for Approval to come via email. Faster that way.
    Seller will ship gun when Transfer is approved.
    Exactly what Still alive wrote. Lately my approvals have taken 1 day or less, via e-mail. If it is delivered to your house you don't need an ATT different from your normal one, but if you have to pick it up from the post office, you made need a different one to transport it from there back home. Check with the CFP.