Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video: Heathen Brake vs. Other manufacturer - Blast directed back at shooter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    The vid shows perhaps the half price product does not work just fine, perhaps not even half as fine.
    Easy to justify depending on rifle, for a $700 rifle $$$$$; for a $7000 rifle $ (ie Heathen is cheap)
    PS. What product at half the price is user index? For say common size, Let's not even go to unique size like 3/4x24.
    Quote Originally Posted by etoast View Post
    Great looking brake and nice comparison, but for the $, yikes! Ill deal with a little muzzle blast. Hard to justify spending that much when products half the price work just fine. IMO
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Exact bullet for my 260Rem. Next range trip will bring some cards/paper to test it myself.
    Heathen is slick looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    6.5x47 lapua with 139 scenars
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Heathen is a nice looking brake. Notice the front slots are angle cut backwards while last slot upwards for that reduced muzzle blast (they explain it better on the site; OP may want to add a few word about that). Plus Andrew was great to deal with, fast shipping.

Top barrel/brake is 338LM factory combo; not as pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by etoast View Post
    Great looking brake and nice comparison, but for the $, yikes! Ill deal with a little muzzle blast. Hard to justify spending that much when products half the price work just fine. IMO
    Break is worth every single penny, keeps my eye from wanting to close, helps me track shots to targets etc...

CGN Regular
    Which diameter of brake would be recommended for a Sendero contour barrel (.830 at the muzzle)?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    I've got a Heathen on my Gen1 Ruger RPR....love it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    Which diameter of brake would be recommended for a Sendero contour barrel (.830 at the muzzle)?
    The 885 diameter is most popular
    The 995 for a slightly heavier look

Quote Originally Posted by MrSharp View Post
    Very cool comparison, I never notice any blowback from mine and love it.

Any chance you guys would do a bit larger diameter 1/2x28 brake for .223? I have one for my .308 and would like to put one on my smaller .223 but the one you make is too small for the dia of the barrel and would look funny, the .885 would be perfect.

Not that a .223 really needs a brake, but with one on I bet the muzzle would not move off target at all when fired.
    Yes,
    I think we can help you out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12