Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    So, let me understand; if I own a non-restricted CZ 858 and I put that Magpul grip on it with the laser engraved Punisher skull, then list it here on the EE with the heading "WTS: selling my CZ 858 Punisher special", I am potentially violating the law by selling a prohibited, converted-automafic, not covered by the amendment and lacking an FRT because I didn't notify the RCMP of the new "model name"...? Do I have this right?
    <...snip...>

So then to answer your question, we have no idea. We have no idea if the RCMP would want to create a new FRT for a single custom firearm. If you were a firearms business in the business of for profit manufacturing or remanufacturing of firearms, it would probably be treated differently then if you are just selling a firearm you modified for your own purposes, and then no longer wanted to own.

Here is the tougher question, that we also don't know the answer to. IF you took one of the legal 858s and legally modified it with either the substitution of legal parts or legal custom engraving, such that it now exactly matched the FRT for the 'SPARTAN', are you now in possession of a prohibited firearm?

If the police found your "punisher", they would not find an FRT for it, your evidence would be that it was legally purchased, and the police would have no evidence to the contrary.
    However, if the police found your 'spartanized' 858, they would find an FRT for the Spartan, and despite your evidence that it is a legally modified standard 858, they would have reasonable and probably grounds to lay charges, your firearm would be seized and guess where it would be sent for investigation to determine if it was or wasn't a 'Spartan' or a modified 'legal 858'.

I feel that the above is critical and should be emphasis. Now that an FRT exists for a 'Spartan' model, the FRT classifies it as prohibited, and the end result would not play out in the owner's favour. I've said it before, it's been said by many others here - Irrespective of the legal ground one stands on, the Process is the Punishment.

This whole situation brings a few old Latin legal chestnuts and other sayings to mind;

ratio decidendi est repugnat ratio legis - Reasoning for the decision is incompatible with the reasoning of law.

natura non facit saltum ita nec lex - Nature does not make a leap, thus neither does the law.

corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - When the republic is at its most corrupt, the laws are most numerous.

potentia corrumpit, potestatem corrumpit absolute - Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

derint dum metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

(This last one was reportedly a favourite of Caligula. And now apparently the Liberal Party as well. I can just see the RCMP putting this on their cars as their new motto...)

typical RCMP flexing their " we are right & we have the power! " b.s. what a joke. I hope that the ability to determine frt #'s and designations is stripped from them ASAP. Let's leave the wolves in charge on the hen house.
    move through life quietly , have your stuff ready to go at a moments notice.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs00 View Post
    Definetely proves how much they're watching this forum.
    They have officers watch it all day, every day and are paid to do so I would bet.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    They have officers watch it all day, every day and are paid to do so I would bet.
    No. Definitly no. Some officers may go through this forum from time to time to gather information (read "evidence") but the RCMP do not pay people to watch this forum all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    "Oxford online dictionary defines..."

"...a google search produced..."

Who the #### is this guy?! Did they hire 12 year olds to respond to Wolverine?! God damnit what a siht show! I'm INFURIATED that my tax dollars pay these salaries. ####.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOPP4 View Post
    Ya lets use google stats for our official federal government report
    I googled "flat earth" and yielded 13,700,000 results. OMG, the Earth is flat!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikov View Post
    No. Definitly no. Some officers may go through this forum from time to time to gather information (read "evidence") but the RCMP do not pay people to watch this forum all day every day.
    I would disagree with your assumption.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

At the end of the day.. if you voted for anybody but Conservative in the last election, you are part of the problem, and I know for a fact there are Turdeau supporters all over this forum.
    I get there are other important issues, but the next election has several strong heritage and sport advocates (read responsible firearm owners) .. it's your duty to buy a party membership and vote for the leader you want to see at the top, and then vote for them in the next federal. It's the only way to affect real change.
    https://donate.conservative.ca/membership

Quote Originally Posted by dfritter1 View Post
    But I think we're missing the point... if the marketing lingo is the biggest factor in classification, does this mean that if an AK is marketed/advertised as a Valmet, it's a Valmet? Because damn, that'd be one hell of a precedent to set.
    I like your thinking, lol... legally speaking, you'd be right!
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    I like your thinking, lol... legally speaking, you'd be right!
    time to import some USA aks custom marked VALMET