Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

The firearm of the design commonly known as the AK-47 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it except for the Valmet Hunter, the Valmet Hunter Auto and the Valmet M78 rifles, but including the:

(a) AK-74;
    (b) AK Hunter;
    (c) AKM;
    (d) AKM-63;
    (e) AKS-56S;
    (f) AKS-56S-1;
    (g) AKS-56S-2;
    (h) AKS-74;
    (i) AKS-84S-1;
    (j) AMD-65;
    (k) AR Model .223;
    (l) Dragunov;
    (m) Galil;
    (n) KKMPi69;
    (o) M60;
    (p) M62;
    (q) M70B1;
    (r) M70AB2;
    (s) M76;
    (t) M77B1;
    (u) M78;
    (v) M80;
    (w) M80A;
    (x) MAK90;
    (y) MPiK;
    (z) MPiKM;
    (z.1) MPiKMS-72;
    (z.2) MPiKS;
    (z.3) PKM;
    (z.4) PKM-DGN-60;
    (z.5) PMKM;
    (z.6) RPK;
    (z.7) RPK-74;
    (z.8) RPK-87S;
    (z.9) Type 56;
    (z.10) Type 56-1;
    (z.11) Type 56-2;
    (z.12) Type 56-3;
    (z.13) Type 56-4;
    (z.14) Type 68;
    (z.15) Type 79;
    (z.16) American Arms AKY39;
    (z.17) American Arms AKF39;
    (z.18) American Arms AKC47;
    (z.19) American Arms AKF47;
    (z.20) MAM70WS762;
    (z.21) MAM70FS762;
    (z.22) Mitchell AK-22;
    (z.23) Mitchell AK-47;
    (z.24) Mitchell Heavy Barrel AK-47;
    (z.25) Norinco 84S;
    (z.26) Norinco 84S AK;
    (z.27) Norinco 56;
    (z.28) Norinco 56-1;
    (z.29) Norinco 56-2;
    (z.30) Norinco 56-3;
    (z.31) Norinco 56-4;
    (z.32) Poly Technologies Inc. AK-47/S;
    (z.33) Poly Technologies Inc. AKS-47/S;
    (z.34) Poly Technologies Inc. AKS-762;
    (z.35) Valmet M76;
    (z.36) Valmet M76 carbine;
    (z.37) Valmet M78/A2;
    (z.38) Valmet M78 (NATO) LMG;
    (z.39) Valmet M82; and
    (z.40) Valmet M82 Bullpup.

So yes, following the gun lab's logic, any AK manufactured on a semi-auto receiver which is NAMED "Valmet M78" or "Valmet Hunter" (with no other name on firearm, advertising or in the nomenclature submitted for an FRT) should be fine, as long as it's a "version" of an AK-type firearm and not necessarily manufactured by Valmet themselves. This is exactly the reverse of the argument being used against Wolverine here.

Read the law carefully... it doesn't state the exempted AK has to be manufactured by Valmet, it only states what the rifle needs to be called in order to obtain that prohib status exemption. It also implies that "Valmet M78" or "Valmet Hunter" can be a mere version of an AK-type rifle and not necessarily a make and model thereof (first sentence of the OIC can certainly be understood that way, as it doesn't elaborate further).

So, apparently whatever the importers/dealers call their imported firearms makes them a unique new item and, in the gun lab's own written words, it doesn't matter from what mass-produced firearm the receiver actually originated (interesting stuff!). They also seem to be big on "exemptions by name" (of a version), according to the letter posted... hence why the Spartan version of an exempted rifle is a no go for an exemption.

As such, I'm sure you can get manufacturers to stamp whatever you want on these semi-auto commercial AKs receivers being made in Russia, China and the US... and then advertise your newly manufactured product accordingly.

The pendulum should swing both ways, after all... lol.
    Last edited by 762mm; 03-12-2017 at 03:13 AM.
    Lesson from elections 2021 : The PPC's only REAL purpose is to split that razor-thin Conservative vote and re-elect Liberals!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^^^Who will be the first to try?

It is a good argument,..under a better government.

I can see something like that being used to help push the disarmament agenda against us. "we need to close this LOOPHOLE that is being used to manufacture automatic AK47 assault rifles. Hey I bet a blanket prohibition on all auto loading firearms would do the trick!"
    Very few of the so-called liberals are open-minded.... They shout you down and won't let you speak if you disagree with them. John Wayne

BANNED
    put those in a safe until the next election vive mohamed trudeau!!!!!!!!

CGN frequent flyer
    lol, that's a burn right there ^^

I like this. I like this very much.

Though I can feel valmet owners start to sweat a bit. That would hit their value pretty hard. But, AK'S for everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by 762mm View Post
    The firearm of the design commonly known as the AK-47 rifle, and any variant or modified version of it except for the Valmet Hunter, the Valmet Hunter Auto and the Valmet M78 rifles, but including the: (see list)

So yes, following the gun lab's logic, any AK manufactured on a semi-auto receiver which is NAMED "Valmet M78" or "Valmet Hunter" (with no other name on firearm, advertising or in the nomenclature submitted for an FRT) should be fine, as long as it's a "version" of an AK-type firearm and not necessarily manufactured by Valmet themselves. This is exactly the reverse of the argument being used against Wolverine here.

Read the law carefully... it doesn't state the exempted AK has to be manufactured by Valmet, it only states what the rifle needs to be called in order to obtain that prohib status exemption. It also implies that "Valmet M78" or "Valmet Hunter" can be a mere version of an AK-type rifle and not necessarily a make and model thereof (first sentence of the OIC can certainly be understood that way, as it doesn't elaborate further).

So, apparently whatever the importers/dealers call their imported firearms makes them a unique new item and, in the gun lab's own written words, it doesn't matter from what mass-produced firearm the receiver actually originated (interesting stuff!). They also seem to be big on "exemptions by name" (of a version), according to the letter posted... hence why the Spartan version of an exempted rifle is a no go for an exemption.

As such, I'm sure you can get manufacturers to stamp whatever you want on these semi-auto commercial AKs receivers being made in Russia, China and the US... and then advertise your newly manufactured product accordingly.

The pendulum should swing both ways, after all... lol.
    So, a dealer here could theoretically get Norinco to crank out some AK-47s, stamp them as "Valmet M78-x", then sell them here as non-restricted Valmet variants? If that what you're saying? (maybe I got it wrong). It would be cool, but I don't that happening.

- Trying to understand the RCMP it is like understanding a woman on her period it is impossible lol ( joke !) imagine if the text was written by a female officer on her period !

Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    - Trying to understand the RCMP it is like understanding a woman on her period it is impossible lol ( joke !) imagine if the text was written by a female officer on her period !
    Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    It is thst simple. They brought in all those full auto m14 barrels and bolts and sold them for 950$. Bring these VZ in without furnitures and bolt as parts gun.
    Well, if it was "that simple", I'm sure Wolverine would've gone that route already. So, obviously it's not.