Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 57891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    One of the problems with career bureaucrats is that they spend their careers living in fear of being wrong. Unfortunately, once a decision has been made it is very, very difficult to get it reversed as doing so would force them to admit that they had made a mistake.

Sort of a civil service version of "my mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts"
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I feel that the above is critical and should be emphasis. Now that an FRT exists for a 'Spartan' model, the FRT classifies it as prohibited, and the end result would not play out in the owner's favour. I've said it before, it's been said by many others here - Irrespective of the legal ground one stands on, the Process is the Punishment.
    This poses an interesting question. If I own a CZ 858, I should be able to swap out the furniture or engrave anything on it I like. But if I were to specifically engrave the words "Spartan" or "Molon Labe" or add the image of the stylized Spartan helmet anywhere on the rifle, especially on the furniture or the bolt, have I now converted the rifle to prohib, per the FRT? Hmm...

Im worried about my tattoo, is my arm now prohibited or on the list?
    Instagram 👉 chesterfieldfox

CGN Regular
    Mr. Wolverine,
    I have a spare set of beaver barf furniture and a spare CZ858 bolt carrier.
    How's about I send you those, you put them on my CZ858 I have on order and send me a complete CZ 858 Tactical-2 P back?

Just curious though, what is your next plan of action in regards to challenging this decision again? Or when may we be told what it is.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by lucsergerie View Post
    - Trying to understand the RCMP it is like understanding a woman on her period it is impossible lol ( joke !) imagine if the text was written by a female officer on her period !
    Actually, it (C68) had the major input of male-hating fem-nazis from a number of groups.

Whether or not they were under hormonal influences at the time,i will leave that for y'all to speculate on. The result (C68/10) was a disaster re: effectiveness and resource wasting regardless.

CGN frequent flyer
    Ca you just not import receivers as simply receivers. Bring uncontrolled parts separately.?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    There is no reason why they can't sell these off as parts. I would take everything except the wood stock set and then swap the bolt carrier with the one on my confirmed non restricted. Get a set of beaver barf furniture and I have two non restricted rifles. I still have my old reg card to confirm that the rifle isn't a prohib even if someone tries to claim it is.

Sell me the parts for a deal I can't say no to..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    So, a dealer here could theoretically get Norinco to crank out some AK-47s, stamp them as "Valmet M78-x", then sell them here as non-restricted Valmet variants? If that what you're saying? (maybe I got it wrong). It would be cool, but I don't that happening.
    If the rcmp consider a few markings sufficient to create a new model and frt, I am pretty sure norinco made valmets would also be considered a newmodel and therefore NOT the actual Valmet that was named as exempt
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    If the rcmp consider a few markings sufficient to create a new model and frt,
    Which is exactly what they did with the "CZ 858 Spartan"

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    I am pretty sure norinco made valmets would also be considered a newmodel and therefore NOT the actual Valmet that was named as exempt
    So it seems you agree with me. I was responding to this comment which proposed the idea. Have a look, see what you think.

Wait did I read that last bit right? He spends a page accusing Mr. Wolverine of having a from the ground up firearm manufactured with accusing him that this is not a "model" of 858 because he marketed it as the "Spartan". Meaning that it did not meet the regulations of being the same FRT # previously assigned to the 2P, 2V and 4P respectively.

But then states that this from the ground up manufactured firearm is in fact a converted auto. Well which is it? Is this a previously existing 2P, 2V, 4P or a from the ground up manufacture? That he spend at least a full page detailing the life cycle of the marketing campaign to bring to bear a new firearm to market not really mean anything? I would have thought that someone in the position of Mr. Smith whom Manages a department that gets funding based on its crucial to public safety basis; would be able to put forward the most relevant arguments for said safety. If the firearm is indeed a converted automatic, then there is no conversation, it would be deemed a prohibited device under the Canadian Firearms Act. All parties here can agree to that fact. However, what I don't agree with is the claim that the firearm was converted; definitely not if I am to believe that Mr. Smith's office did in fact did inform Mr. Wolverine that advertising a NEW model has consequences. It is contrary to his own claim for this to be a "new" model designed for the Canadian market based on the advertising "scheme" but then toss willy nilly the claim of converted auto at the end.

Also I don't understand the chatter in the earlier letters about the AR15 port dust cover. That kind of escaped me; is this just the suggestion that cross compatible parts now require new FRT for firearms? I mean does that suggest AR parts on shotguns and rifles using adapters mean your typical 870 and Mossbergs need new FRT? Or was it the suggestion that a port dust cover is a controlled or should be controlled item?