Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

Quote Originally Posted by FSB View Post
    Your statement would prove "innocent" all guards and executors in the Nazi camps and is absolutely wrong !
    As a enforcer of the law you should be prepared with a plan how to deal with a unjust/bad/senseless law or an order. You can choose not to enforce it and deal with the consequences or to enforce it and become an accomplice in the unjust act against the public.
    If you can not make such a decision then you should find different occupation.
    If all the law enforcers decide not to enforce a unjust law do you think the people in the Ivory Tower in Ottawa will bring their f*t asses on the street to enforce it?
    Oh boy. Once the cop-bashing started, it didn't take long for Godwin's Laws to pop up.

There is nothing to be accomplished with this. The vendor or a mod should lock this thread until Wolverine is ready to post another update.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ZSloboda View Post
    I wonder, are there ways to bring these abitrary decisions to light in opinion columns or to media organizations? Get enough people reading about this injustice to make something happen. The court of public opinion can be the true judge of any case.
    Good luck finding an impartial jury.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    The key at this point is when Wolverine comes back with next steps and the outcome, when they can share.
    Criticize specifics with respect to the published info, otherwise it is just general bashing.
    Mismatch is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by ZSloboda View Post
    I wonder, are there ways to bring these abitrary decisions to light in opinion columns or to media organizations? Get enough people reading about this injustice to make something happen. The court of public opinion can be the true judge of any case.
    No. With the exception of a very few, the media at large is very solidly anti-gun. And what's worse, they can't even produce any kind of intelligent reporting on the matter. Virtually everything they have to say is bounded in complete ignorance and apocrypha. It's some of the worst deception ever conceived.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it not possible to get the shipment back, take the furnishings off, resubmit the receivers only, then once approved, put the wood back on?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCrash View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but is it not possible to get the shipment back, take the furnishings off, resubmit the receivers only, then once approved, put the wood back on?
    Mr. Wolverine has been in this business for quite awhile. I'm pretty sure that both he and his lawyers know what they're doing. Anything that has been suggested or asked of here has most certainly been covered already.

According to Mr. Smith's reply, the receiver is the main problem. It is explained in the 3rd paragraph of the "Background" section, and has nothing to do with the name "Sparta" or "Spartan" or whatever. In this paragraph, Smith claims that these rifles were manufactured with converted Automatic receivers.

So, the question is...Did CZ continue to use re-manufactured select fire receivers when they manufactured this latest shipment of rifles for Wolverine?

According to the RCMP, they did. Who's at fault for that is anyone's guess...
    After all is said and done, more will have been said than done...

CGN Regular
    I have several rifles with converted auto receivers, still haven't shot at or threatened anyone.

Got to keep the fear level ratcheted up.

This country isn't the Canada i grew up in, it's globalism on steroids.
    Last edited by Pumpjack; 03-18-2017 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpjack View Post
    I have several rifles with converted auto receivers, still haven't shot at or threatened anyone.

Got to keep the fear level ratcheted up.

This country isn't the Canada i grew up in, it's globalism on steroids.

And it will only get worse given the current political climate here. I guess people want open borders and and endless streams of migrants.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester View Post
    According to Mr. Smith's reply, the receiver is the main problem. It is explained in the 3rd paragraph of the "Background" section, and has nothing to do with the name "Sparta" or "Spartan" or whatever. In this paragraph, Smith claims that these rifles were manufactured with converted Automatic receivers.

So, the question is...Did CZ continue to use re-manufactured select fire receivers when they manufactured this latest shipment of rifles for Wolverine?

According to the RCMP, they did. Who's at fault for that is anyone's guess...
    I think saying the problem has "nothing to do with the name Sparta or Spartan" is incorrect. If you've been reading the thread, that is at the very center of the problem. It began when Wolverine inadvertently advertised this rifle as a "Spartan Limited Edition", essentially giving it new designation, opening the door for the RCMP to create a new FRT entry. Since any CZ858 called the "Sparta-whatever" is not covered by the OIC that allowed these rifles to be reverted back to NR, they are considered prohib, for the same reason they RCMP tried to prohibit all of them in the first place a couple years back, as converted autos.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano