Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    It is absolute insanity. I wonder if you're referring to the Mossberg Blaze 47 that was somehow magically classified as prohibited (because of its vaguely AK-like cosmetic features?) even though the Blaze is non restricted and bears absolutely no mechanical or functional similarity to the AK whatsoever other than the fact that they're both firearms.

I really hope Mr. Wolverine is successful in winning this fight. When I get some extra coin, I'm hoping to buy a tactical mag and bolt release for my 858 from him.

Another thing that disturbs me about this whole debacle is the lack of accountability. What recourse do we have as firearms owners/businesses when such ridiculous decisions are being made? Can the courts overrule this somehow? I sure hope so.
    Every firearm owner and business should be familiar with the laws that they are subject to.

From the firearms act...

74 (1) Subject to subsection (2), where
    (a) a chief firearms officer or the Registrar refuses to issue or revokes a licence, registration certificate, authorization to transport, authorization to export or authorization to import,
    (b) a chief firearms officer decides under section 67 that a firearm possessed by an individual who holds a licence is not being used for a purpose described in section 28, or
    (c) a provincial minister refuses to approve or revokes the approval of a shooting club or shooting range for the purposes of this Act,
    the applicant for or holder of the licence, registration certificate, authorization or approval may refer the matter to a provincial court judge in the territorial division in which the applicant or holder resides.

(2) An applicant or holder may only refer a matter to a provincial court judge under subsection (1) within thirty days after receiving notice of the decision of the chief firearms officer, Registrar or provincial minister under section 29, 67 or 72 or within such further time as is allowed by a provincial court judge, whether before or after the expiration of those thirty days.
    Pretty much everything the CFO or Registrar does is subject to judicial review, but the person affected by the decision has to initiate the process.

Nothing the RCMP do with regards to FRT rulings is subject to such review, but that's because the FRT is just a legal opinion. It is the CFO who relies on that opinion and makes a decision that affects the owner that triggers the judicial review.

All gun owners need to do is challenge everything that the CFO does that is adverse to firearms owners and the entire firearms act would collapse in mere weeks.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Just wait...the CZ 858...all of them...will soon be reclassified as "Prohibited"....its the Liberal agenda folks.

It is interesting that the February 2017 release of the Firearms Reference Table does not even list a "172184" FRT number.......it would appear that games are being played out.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBoZoS View Post
    Just wait...the CZ 858...all of them...will soon be reclassified as "Prohibited"....its the Liberal agenda folks.
    Only a fool would be scared.....there is no need for this propaganda on this fourm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Agreed.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Hey look who came crawling back
    This is quite typical of your contributions to most threads. Pointless and juvenile, and yet, just about the best you have to offer. But go ahead... post some more. Show us what you're all about.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

BANNED
    ^^^lol

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    No, I'm certainly not trying to get this thread 'disappeared' as well. Just wanted to state the facts and show how all this prohib debacle on the 858 got started. It's very appropriate to show the history of what started the first 858 prohib a few years ago.

Are you saying we should just bury our heads in the sand?
    Did you see that in my post, straw-man? No. I'm saying that all the cop-bashing is needless and it's going to get this thread locked, if not deleted. CGN has a strong policy on that. I'm saying there is no need to blather on about the Nazi's, as there is no relevance here. And if people are bringing up Nazism to compare them to the RCMP, then see my previous point about cop-bashing. As for the whole CZ858/PE-90-prohib debacle, that's been covered ad nauseum, most people already know all about it, we don't need people re-hashing it here, while getting half the facts wrong.

I, like most people here I suspect, are following this thread to see what updates Wolverine has on the situation, and what impact the most recent actions by the RCMP may or not have on us as firearms owners. It would be a shame if this avenue of information was lost to us because of a bunch of needless nonsense. I'm simply suggesting that unless people have something factual and relevant to offer, that we wait until the next update from the vendor. That is what I'm saying.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Did you see that in my post, straw-man? No. I'm saying that all the cop-bashing is needless and it's going to get this thread locked, if not deleted. CGN has a strong policy on that. I'm saying there is no need to blather on about the Nazi's, as there is no relevance here. And if people are bringing up Nazism to compare them to the RCMP, then see my previous point about cop-bashing. As for the whole CZ858/PE-90-prohib debacle, that's been covered ad nauseum, most people already know all about it, we don't need people re-hashing it here, while getting half the facts wrong.

I, like most people here I suspect, are following this thread to see what updates Wolverine has on the situation, and what impact the most recent actions by the RCMP may or not have on us as firearms owners. It would be a shame if this avenue of information was lost to us because of a bunch of needless nonsense. I'm simply suggesting that unless people have something factual and relevant to offer, that we wait until the next update from the vendor. That is what I'm saying.

^^^ THIS!!! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post

Have to agree with this.

And speaking of updates, any news on this?