Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Murray Smith ... doesn't like pinned mags too
    Finally we have something in common.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by nobletrade View Post
    Dear Wolverine Supplies,

Please sell me a CZ 858 Tactical–2P Rifle sans furniture.
    I would also be interested in a set of the furniture removed from the prohibited "Spartan" rifles if any are available.
    Hopefully you are able to put together such a package for the same price point as was previously offered on what the internets call the Spartan model.
    I will simply swap the "Spartan" prohibited components to my old legal CZ 858 Tactical-2P & put the furniture from my old rifle on the new stripped CZ 858 Tactical-2P.
    No Spartans will be involved and I will have the highly valuable "price premium furniture" from a prohibited model on my old firearm.

Oh wait, it seems Mr. Smith failed to address the issue of the furniture being an uncontrolled portion of the firearm and therefore irrelevant.
    It could be that they would consider my old gun as a prohibited Spartan, but how could it be if they were prohibited and never distributed?

I was in on the pre-sale, still hanging in there, hold onto my money for a while yet.
    I suggested something similar.

John, your letter looks good. You have a spelling error.... second last paragraph, last sentence....

'samples from our last shipment'

our is out

Should be easy to correct....
    Hanser " Procrastinate now, don't put it off "
    -God Bless North America - Especially Alberta!!!
    -Some people are just dying to meet a Paramedic... Please God! Not ANOTHER learning experience!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    (Its not the ZOMBIES that scare me, it is THE NEW WORLD ORDER)

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlibris View Post
    So he failed to respond to the most crucial part of your argument: that the prohibited "Spartan" uses the same controlled part as the non-restricted and restricted CZ-858 Tactical-2P and that all the other uncontrolled parts are irrelevant.
    Solution; sell the controlled part as a standard 858. Then sell the remainder as accessories.

But offer them as a package deal - buy this receiver and get all this other stuff too.

Edit: beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by nobletrade View Post
    Dear Wolverine Supplies,

Please sell me a CZ 858 Tactical–2P Rifle sans furniture.
    I would also be interested in a set of the furniture removed from the prohibited "Spartan" rifles if any are available.
    Hopefully you are able to put together such a package for the same price point as was previously offered on what the internets call the Spartan model.
    I will simply swap the "Spartan" prohibited components to my old legal CZ 858 Tactical-2P & put the furniture from my old rifle on the new stripped CZ 858 Tactical-2P.
    No Spartans will be involved and I will have the highly valuable "price premium furniture" from a prohibited model on my old firearm.

Oh wait, it seems Mr. Smith failed to address the issue of the furniture being an uncontrolled portion of the firearm and therefore irrelevant.
    It could be that they would consider my old gun as a prohibited Spartan, but how could it be if they were prohibited and never distributed?

I was in on the pre-sale, still hanging in there, hold onto my money for a while yet.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    What a ####ing joke...
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by hfp75 View Post
    John, your letter looks good. You have a spelling error.... second last paragraph, last sentence....

'samples from our last shipment'

our is out

Should be easy to correct....
    Mr. Smith's response.... not on the same level.
    Disappointing in so many ways. I respect him for doing it himself but surely he has access to better writers?
    Like a Donald tweet vs. one of his written speeches.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Right now I am exploring all my options. Let me again stress that any customer who still has a payment with us can request an immediate cash refund. Sorry for the inconvenience to everyone , it certainly was not intended.
    Can you remove the parts on the *cough* Spartans that are not identical to the named exempted 858s, import them as partially completed non prohibited 858s, and let people assemble their own Spartans?

You indicated in your letter that you wanted to play nice. I think that ship has sailed. IF importing stripped receivers and a bag of parts is legal, why not?

Hold up...
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN frequent flyer
    Can orgs go behind you in a law suit?

CGN Regular
    What a shameful display by the RCMP on this one. I think there is more than enough material here to demonstrate that they are in fact ting acting in bad faith.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In Murray Smiths letter, he indicates that Ministerial Directive dated August 7, 2015 was no longer in effect as of June 6, 2016. When did you first submit the 'Spartans" for inspection?

Of all the things the new Minister of Public Safety would have had on his desk, why would he all of a sudden repeal THAT directive? He took the position November 4th, 2015. Did he repeal ALL ministerial directives of the past minister.... but not until after he was on the job for six months. See where I am going with this?

What do you want to bet an Access To Information request wouldn't turn up that the RCMP asked to have that directive repealed AFTER they had a Spartan on their desk...