Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

^^ Yes, I was also wondering about the timeline of events.

Somewhat off topic, but imagine how much simpler this would be if our wise masters recognized that converted automatic receivers are functionally semi-automatic and do not need to be prohibited.
    Member: CCFR, EOSC.
    Alignment: Chaotic neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    In Murray Smiths letter, he indicates that Ministerial Directive dated August 7, 2015 was no longer in effect as of June 6, 2016. When did you first submit the 'Spartans" for inspection?

Of all the things the new Minister of Public Safety would have had on his desk, why would he all of a sudden repeal THAT directive? He took the position November 4th, 2015. Did he repeal ALL ministerial directives of the past minister.... but not until after he was on the job for six months. See where I am going with this?

What do you want to bet an Access To Information request wouldn't turn up that the RCMP asked to have that directive repealed AFTER they had a Spartan on their desk...
    I am very disturbed to find that Minster Blaney's Directive to the RCMP was canceled by the Liberals. The shipment in question arrived after the Directive had been cancelled, not that any one was advised when that cancelation took place. I would like to know the reason Minister Blaney's Directive was canceled.

The Spartan in me is getting very frustrated !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am very disturbed to find that Minster Blaney's Directive to the RCMP was canceled by the Liberals. The shipment in question arrived after the Directive had been cancelled, not that any one was advised when that cancelation took place. I would like to know the reason Minister Blaney's Directive was canceled.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns...laws-1.3753514

Quote:
    "In fact, Ralph Goodale, the current Liberal minister of public safety, said he only learned of Blaney's directive during one of the briefings he received from officials months after he became minister. He rescinded the directive on June 6, less than a week after he learned of its existence.

In an interview with CBC News, Goodale said one of the problems with Blaney's directive was its timing.

"That's the one thing that immediately sent up a red flag — that it came just two or three days before an election was called. That is not the right way to make public policy — at the last minute, on the back of an envelope."

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    John, all I can say is thank you.

Thank You.

Cheers
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunchild2071 View Post
    And just another reason why the patch on my jacket, shall stay in the orientation it is in.
    I'm with you! This country is in serious need of help.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The obvious answer is the right one.
    Blaney's directive was from a party that ran on a platform of accountable government, as such it directed the RCMP to be accountable as well.
    It would seem that removing any streamlining, dumbing down or pesky time lines for decision making by the RCMP was contrary to the new regimes governing style and a priority to change.
    Read it in Annex B of John's appeal and draw your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/guns...laws-1.3753514

Quote:
    "In fact, Ralph Goodale, the current Liberal minister of public safety, said he only learned of Blaney's directive during one of the briefings he received from officials months after he became minister. He rescinded the directive on June 6, less than a week after he learned of its existence.

In an interview with CBC News, Goodale said one of the problems with Blaney's directive was its timing.

"That's the one thing that immediately sent up a red flag — that it came just two or three days before an election was called. That is not the right way to make public policy — at the last minute, on the back of an envelope."
    Thank you, an interesting read, I was unaware that had taken place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank you so much for everything you guys do on behalf of us gun owners. Any way to get this in front of someone in the CPC, ideally a CPC leadership candidate?

Things like this need to be called out in the open during parliament sessions. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

It was a well written and logical letter John. Unfortunately, the fanatical can't see logic, it hurts their brain.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46