Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    ...Things like this need to be called out in the open during parliament sessions. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
    You have to pick your fights. You can't ask for fairness and equal treatment from people whose mandate in politics is to eliminate your existence.

Baby steps. CPC leadership elections, then 2019 general elections. Then changes to Canadian Firearms program.

P.S. in no way it is a discouragement, do whatever you feel is necessary. I just think we need to focus our efforts on something that actually gives meaningful results.

Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    I'm with you! This WORLD is in serious need of help.
    +1.1

Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank you so much for everything you guys do on behalf of us gun owners. Any way to get this in front of someone in the CPC, ideally a CPC leadership candidate?

Things like this need to be called out in the open during parliament sessions. Sunlight is the best disinfectant.
    I sent a message to Maxime Bernier's twitter with a link to this thread. I have no idea if he will respond but I figured what the hell.

I for one am alarmed that the appeal was not in fact an appeal. In the matter of "Was the rifle at one point mistakenly called "Spartan" the RCMP are correct it was once referred to in that matter. Glad that was cleared up...

That begs the question WHAT THE #### DOES THE NAME HAVE TO DO WITH THE CLASSIFICATION OF SAID RIFLE???????

It feels like going to court to appeal a speeding ticket and being forced into an argument about the color of my car making it look like it is going faster...

Quote Originally Posted by Slowne View Post
    I sent a message to Maxime Bernier's twitter with a link to this thread. I have no idea if he will respond but I figured what the hell.

I for one am alarmed that the appeal was not in fact an appeal. In the matter of "Was the rifle at one point mistakenly called "Spartan" the RCMP are correct it was once referred to in that matter. Glad that was cleared up...

That begs the question WHAT THE #### DOES THE NAME HAVE TO DO WITH THE CLASSIFICATION OF SAID RIFLE???????

It feels like going to court to appeal a speeding ticket and being forced into an argument about the color of my car making it look like it is going faster...
    If you named your car "slow" you would get off though.

Good luck Wolverine, I hope this gets corrected in your favor as it's quite obvious to any one with half a brain can see, that the rcmp is grasping at strings with this classification decision. We can't allow this precedent to be set.
    Beards; its like having machine guns on your face!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Visleguy View Post
    Good luck Wolverine, I hope this gets corrected in your favor as it's quite obvious to any one with half a brain can see, that the rcmp is grasping at strings with this classification decision. We can't allow this precedent to be set.
    Molon Labe. That's what all this has come down to. Kudos to the vendor for sharing the process. It's very informative. Also, it will scare away any potential competitors looking to get into the gun selling business hahahaha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlibris View Post
    So he failed to respond to the most crucial part of your argument: that the prohibited "Spartan" uses the same controlled part as the non-restricted and restricted CZ-858 Tactical-2P and that all the other uncontrolled parts are irrelevant.
    No he didn't. He said both were converted auto. He further said one is listed by model name as exempt from prohibition under the OIC but is still converted auto. He says the Spartan is a new model not listed in the OIC exemption, is also a converted auto, and because not listed in the OIC is still prohibited.

He agrees they are the same general gun, but that they are different models of the same gun by branding and thus one is exempt, and the other isn't.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowne View Post
    The same reason an AK and its variants are prohibited, but the Valmet M78 and Valmet Hunter are, by name, exempt. Same deal.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Exlibris View Post
    Or, more importantly, would people who bought the "Canadian Maple Leaf" edition CZ-858 now be in possession of a prohibited firearm?
    It's the same kinda thing we got going in here.....the canadian edition was good to go....but the spartan edition is prohibited....same fvcking rifle different edition.....just different hardware......you need a face to face meeting with this guy and this HAS TO BE APPEALED AND OVERTURNED

And you are telling me those commerative winchester rifles are different FRT numbers and go thru a full blown inspection just cause they got a coin embedded in the stock? You gotta be kidding me this is really what importers deal with? I can't take this anymore the RCMP has to be stopped NOW!

I'll tell you one thing if there was the situation like this going on in the USA the NRA would have this corrected in hours and there would be lineups of lawyers suing the police lab and THEY WOULD WIN I'm getting so sick and tired of this kinda BS with this liberal Gov't and the RCMP that my username is going to turn Pink
    Last edited by icelink; 03-08-2017 at 08:10 PM.

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    Here's a message for the RCMP member(s) who is obviously reading this:
    You are not doing anything to make this country safer, and you are losing what little respect anyone still had for the organization.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.