Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 689101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Well I wouldn't blame the whole force, plenty of decent people, some of whom I know personally. I wouldn't even blame the firearms program office, as couple of times I've dealt with professional and courteous civil servants.
    Nope. your wrong. If you cash the cheque you support what your masters are doing. Its that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
    Nope. your wrong. If you cash the cheque you support what your masters are doing. Its that simple.
    You're suggesting that if he works for the RCMP, even if he just joe-mountie, driving the roads of BC or Nova Scotia, handing out speeding tickets, that he therefore fully supports the improprieties and political agenda of the forces management and the firearms division?

That is quite a brush to paint with. I believe there are officers in most, if not all, the police services across Canada that fully support progressive gun rights. These guys are "cashing their paycheques" to pay their mortgages and feed and clothe their children, not to make a point. The CFP makes a bad decision and these guys are supposed to just quit and go sell shoes or something, just to take a stand? That's silly. It's good to have these guys on the inside; 'change from within', and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Mr. Wolverine,
    I have a spare set of beaver barf furniture and a spare CZ858 bolt carrier.
    How's about I send you those, you put them on my CZ858 I have on order and send me a complete CZ 858 Tactical-2 P back?

Just curious though, what is your next plan of action in regards to challenging this decision again? Or when may we be told what it is.
    Right now I am considering all my options and taking legal advice, when I make a decision I will announce it here. Thanks for your patience.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    You're suggesting that if he works for the RCMP, even if he just joe-mountie, driving the roads of BC or Nova Scotia, handing out speeding tickets, that he therefore fully supports the improprieties and political agenda of the forces management and the firearms division?

That is quite a brush to paint with. I believe there are officers in most, if not all, the police services across Canada that fully support progressive gun rights. These guys are "cashing their paycheques" to pay their mortgages and feed and clothe their children, not to make a point. The CFP makes a bad decision and these guys are supposed to just quit and go sell shoes or something, just to take a stand? That's silly. It's good to have these guys on the inside; 'change from within', and all that...
    Pretty much this. I think most cops have the sense to realize the laws don't do much other than give more to stick to criminals already breaking laws.
    The issue is purely political. Majority of Canadians could give two farts about guns and of course the only time you hear about it is when there is some big shootup in the states which starts them thinking and they don't have a vested interest. Plus the tendency for politicians to make laws just for the optics that they are "working for you"it's no wonder we are in the situation we are.

Easiest solution: sign EVERY SINGLE petition involving firearms you can even if it doesn't impact you. The numbers will help in conveying to parliament that there are a lot of us and they will be forced to change their view if they still want to have a career in politics. The results of E111 would not have gone that way if all legal owners had signed and the Mounties would have thought twice before prohibiting the large capacity 22 magazines as they would have had Parliament breathing down their neck.

If the Directive which led to the exemptions has now been cancelled, does that mean that the CZ858's which had been exempted by it are no longer exempted? (very bad news for those owners)

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue85 View Post
    If the Directive which led to the exemptions has now been cancelled, does that mean that the CZ858's which had been exempted by it are no longer exempted? (very bad news for those owners)
    I was thinking about that too... Then they have to show some kinf of "resignation order" or something like that... Cant be an e-mail saying "btw its cancelled!"
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    I was thinking about that too... Then they have to show some kinf of "resignation order" or something like that... Cant be an e-mail saying "btw its cancelled!"
    No, what is done is done. It just changes what may or may not happen in the future.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Well said. After nearly 10 years in law enforcement, I can tell you that in my experience, the majority of frontline LEO's in Canada are pro-gun and are gun owners themselves. They realize that armed civilians are not the problem. They may not like certain laws, but they don't make them, and they are obligated to enforce them. We don't want to live in a country where the police at any level make laws or may choose to ignore certain ones with impunity. Also, bear in mind that the upper levels rarely, if ever, listen to the front line.

A situation where upper level bureaucrats are playing fast and loose with, or in some cases making decisions that are totally contrary to the law is very bad and needs to be changed. Best of luck to Mr. Wolverine with his appeal.

This Threads gone of the rails again. Remember CZ 858 not a RCMP bashing thread

Whether you love them or hate them matters not. I just want updates on the rifle situation.
    Last edited by Sinbad; 03-14-2017 at 05:38 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nof60 View Post
    They do not support or object, they are just paid to do their job. Which is to enforce the government's will upon its subjects via use of violence.

As long as police does what government tells them to do, they are in the right, that's when they start their personal crusades, as this Firearms Program manager, they overstep their mandate and need to be put back in place.

Unless "tightening the screws common sense be damned" is exactly what Goodale wants.