Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: *** CZ 858 March Update ***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    So if someone engraved their post 2007 858 or upgraded the furniture it is therefore prohib because it's a "different" gun??!!
    Yes, the whole insanity of current Firearms Act is that allows interpretation of the law to be done by the body which supposed to enforce it.

So when they feel like being benevolent, they approve some black rifles non-restricted, or when feeling cranky due to lack of sex, they classify 10/22 action as a variant of AK.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
    Yes, the whole insanity of current Firearms Act is that allows interpretation of the law to be done by the body which supposed to enforce it.

So when they feel like being benevolent, they approve some black rifles non-restricted, or when feeling cranky due to lack of sex, they classify 10/22 action as a variant of AK.
    It is absolute insanity. I wonder if you're referring to the Mossberg Blaze 47 that was somehow magically classified as prohibited (because of its vaguely AK-like cosmetic features?) even though the Blaze is non restricted and bears absolutely no mechanical or functional similarity to the AK whatsoever other than the fact that they're both firearms.

I really hope Mr. Wolverine is successful in winning this fight. When I get some extra coin, I'm hoping to buy a tactical mag and bolt release for my 858 from him.

Another thing that disturbs me about this whole debacle is the lack of accountability. What recourse do we have as firearms owners/businesses when such ridiculous decisions are being made? Can the courts overrule this somehow? I sure hope so.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer BlackVoid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    It is absolute insanity. I wonder if you're referring to the Mossberg Blaze 47..
    Jeez, I was using a hyperbole, but there was a real classification like that? They need to rename FRT lab into OMGWTF- Lab.

Yes it was real. It happened. Its insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz View Post
    Yes it was real. It happened. Its insanity.
    If my memory serves me correctly wasn't the original prohibition against the 858 placed at the same time that the Swiss Arms were placed on the prohib list. We know who was behind that fiasco don't we?

There was a recent thread discussing this on a certain Calgary based business forum and that thread mysteriously disappeared along with all the comments.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    If my memory serves me correctly wasn't the original prohibition against the 858 placed at the same time that the Swiss Arms were placed on the prohib list. We know who was behind that fiasco don't we?

There was a recent thread discussing this on a certain Calgary based business forum and that thread mysteriously disappeared along with all the comments.
    And now you're trying to get this thread 'disappeared' as well. Can we all just stop talking about other vendors, bashing police and going on and on with these silliy history lessons on Nazism? Just wait until Wolverine has an update. Geez.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Hey look who came crawling back

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    It is absolute insanity. I wonder if you're referring to the Mossberg Blaze 47 that was somehow magically classified as prohibited (because of its vaguely AK-like cosmetic features?) even though the Blaze is non restricted and bears absolutely no mechanical or functional similarity to the AK whatsoever other than the fact that they're both firearms.

I really hope Mr. Wolverine is successful in winning this fight. When I get some extra coin, I'm hoping to buy a tactical mag and bolt release for my 858 from him.

Another thing that disturbs me about this whole debacle is the lack of accountability. What recourse do we have as firearms owners/businesses when such ridiculous decisions are being made? Can the courts overrule this somehow? I sure hope so.

Yup - prohibited.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    And now you're trying to get this thread 'disappeared' as well. Can we all just stop talking about other vendors, bashing police and going on and on with these silliy history lessons on Nazism? Just wait until Wolverine has an update. Geez.
    No, I'm certainly not trying to get this thread 'disappeared' as well. Just wanted to state the facts and show how all this prohib debacle on the 858 got started. It's very appropriate to show the history of what started the first 858 prohib a few years ago.

Are you saying we should just bury our heads in the sand?

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleCam View Post

Yup - prohibited.
    Blaze-47 is prohibited (looks like AK) . Same rifle different furniture, go figure.
    NON SERVIAM