Thread: Possible New Gun Shop in SK?

Possible New Gun Shop in SK?

I am currently looking into opening a gun shop in or around Saskatoon, SK.
    I want to focus on the New and used Market of Non-Restricted and Restricted Firearms.
    I definitely want to get into selling Mil Surp as well, as I don't believe anywhere in Saskatoon deals with that.
    Anyone have any tips for me? I am a young guy(21), and am a Firearm Enthusiast to say the least.
    And I believe that if you do something you love, you will never work a day in your life.

With that being said, are there any members on here that could see this shop being valuable to them?
    I would be located in the North end of Saskatoon/Martensville/Warman area, (that would be ideal anyways), and would eventually like to open a range close by as well.

Anyone have any information on how to possibly open a shop? I am very committed to making this work.

Thanks
    “The more detrimental thing to the Great Life is not the Bad Life, but the Good Life.” - Denzel Washington

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You need a business plan. Without good planning, capital and good business cost control, any new venture will be short lived. The gun business is a tough slog.

CGN Regular
    if you like hunting i wouldn't open one up... when do you think the busiest time of the year is?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    You'll find there are lots of cheap - really cheap - people in the world. All talk and full of enthusiasm to make you spend your own money and then they back out.

The markup on guns is frighteningly small. You will make your money on the consumables. This is why there is always a large selection of salt blocks, tree stands, jerky mixes, cleaning kits and rubber boots before the customer gets close to the gun counter. Suggest you need to have a business development advisor to help you understand retail and the relationships behind the scenes. The big box stores have sweetheart deals with all the major makers, and some of them have exclusive territory arrangements.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

I am not worried about busy season being hunting season, I don't do much hunting anymore. I think the shop and the range combo could really fly in my area, because there isn't really one very close by. On the other hand, I could see how it could be a tough business to get into.
    “The more detrimental thing to the Great Life is not the Bad Life, but the Good Life.” - Denzel Washington