FightLite® Industries & Wolverine Supplies

Limited to 5 rounds. The only exemption to this is when you use an original belt made before 1945. Such a belt will not exist for this application.
Must resist. Must resist ... Dang it I can't! Maybe someone will come up with a magwedge like coupler to join multiple legal 5 rd belts :evil: sorry I tried to resist.

Must resist. Must resist ... Dang it I can't! Maybe someone will come up with a magwedge like coupler to join multiple legal 5 rd belts :evil: sorry I tried to resist.

Who knows, maybe if there was a flat spacer between the 5-round links so you had to pull it through and re-charge it to continue the next 5-rounds.... Would be ever-so-slightly less a PITA than reloading a 5-round belt.

As much as I think Belt-feds are awesome, with out 5-round mag restrictions they're pretty much useless here except for cool factor. (Aside from the pre-1945 linked designs like the M2HB and 1918's)

Here is the clear response regarding links that I received in 2013 from the CFC:

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]The questions you posed to Canadian Firearms Program, has been forwarded to me for a response.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]Let me identify myself and my job function to you. I hold the job position of Chief Firearms Technologist, technical authority in the subject area of assigning the applicable legal class to all firearms found on the Firearms Reference Table as well as prohibited devices and prohibited ammunition.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]I work in the Specialized Firearms Support Services Section which is a component of the Firearms Investigative and Enforcement Services Directorate, RCMP - Canadian Firearms Program.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]I am authorized to speak on behalf of the Specialized Firearms Support Services Section.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]QUESTIONS

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]I have several original 1941 and 1942 dated cloth belts, as well as a

selection of original M1 Link, as seen in the attached diagrams (M1

Link Drawing.jpg and M1 Link Drawing 2.jpg)

It is my understanding from what's written in para (f) that original

devices designed for these pre-1945 firearms are legal for use at

their full capacity with a Semi-Automatic copy of the Browning

1919A4, such as those made by TNW Firearms. (ie, they are not

legally required to be limited to 5 rounds).

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times](Is it legal for me to add this package of M2A2 links to my

collection of M1 links, or do I need to keep them separate and limit

the M2A2 links to strips of 5 rounds or less?)

ANSWERS

Machine Gun Links.

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]The key to MG links is whether the gun came into existence before 1945.

The second key is that the links or belts cannot be "reproductions".

[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]1. The Browning MG in 30 Calibre (30-06 SPRG) had its origins in 1916 / 17 - so it qualifies as a pre-1945 machine gun. Therefore the CLOTH belts, (which are normally date-of- manufacture-stamped) if original, qualify and ammunition in these 250 rd cloth belts are OK (not a prohibited device).

[/FONT]

2. The M1 linkss consist of multiple, one-shot magazines disassembled or fired and when assembled, qualify as belts for a pre 1945 machine gun.

3. The M2A2 link belts consist of multiple one-shot magazines disassembled or fired and when assembled qualify as belts for a pre 1945 machine gun. One would be well advised to bear in mind that it could be very expensive "proving" yourself "right" in the instance of 7.62mm NATO calibre ammunition loaded into these M2A2 links.

The difficulty in all cases is convincing the "authorities" that you are correct.

So - cloth belts (especially suitably dated) are 100% OK and not "prohibited".

M1 links 100% OK and not "prohibited".

M2A1 (pull out links) are OK and not prohibited - but difficult to justify. (Might be a good idea to have only 5 shot sections to be safe.)

The links themselves are empty, one shot magazines. Bear in mind the subject is disintegrating link for a pre 1945 machine gun.

Hope this helps

Bill Etter

[FONT=Times New Roman CE, Times]William (Bill) Etter

Chief Firearms Technologist
[/FONT]​

The interpretation there for this is that the 5.56mm links, being designed for a post-1945 machine-gun, would be considered to be one shot magazines, and when assembled into a belt longer than 5, would be considered prohibited.

You could ask for additional clarity from the RCMP if you wish, and Wolverine, if you would like a copy of this email (with headers/dates/etc) I'm more than happy to provide.

NS

The interpretation there for this is that the 5.56mm links, being designed for a post-1945 machine-gun, would be considered to be one shot magazines, and when assembled into a belt longer than 5, would be considered prohibited.

You could ask for additional clarity from the RCMP if you wish, and Wolverine, if you would like a copy of this email (with headers/dates/etc) I'm more than happy to provide.

NS

Thank you. I also agree with your conclusion and that is the advice we are giving to customers. I would like a copy of the original e-mail to add to my file.

Mr. Wolverine,

Tbank-you for bringing this intriguing AR Upper Receiver to market in Canada! It would seem that the Shrike is finally ready for prime-time. I would like to purchase the Keymod version. Can you advise when stock of either the MCR Upper Receiver or the complete MCR firearm will be available for purchase? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Mark / bartok5

Mr. Wolverine,

Tbank-you for bringing this intriguing AR Upper Receiver to market in Canada! It would seem that the Shrike is finally ready for prime-time. I would like to purchase the Keymod version. Can you advise when stock of either the MCR Upper Receiver or the complete MCR firearm will be available for purchase? Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Mark / bartok5

Good morning Mark!

Both the stand alone upper receiver, as well as the full firearm would be available. If we were to look at just the stand alone you would require a modified bolt catch from FightLite for proper functionality. Please feel free to Email myself of Mr. Wolverine and we can get you set up with one of these beautiful machines if you would like!

tysonl@wolverinesupplies.com

Do they still make a dedicated lower like this?

LH_Shrike_CLR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom