Thread: Be the (polite) squeaky wheel.

Be the (polite) squeaky wheel.

Just a tip for newer folks to the CFP like myself, if you get a piece of correspondence giving you a processing timeline and you don't hear from them, give them a call right away.

I was in the process of my first-ever restricted transfer as a buyer (private sale) and had to send in my shooting club memebership, which I did via email a week ago, and one week after initially confirming my intent to purchase for a total time of two weeks. It said to allow 5 days for membership processing before receiving transfer confirmation by email. I was completely fine waiting however long it took, but after not receiving it by the end of the business day today (day 6), I called to confirm they received it.

Somehow my range membership email wound up in the CFO office's junk bin. The service advisor had me resend it while we were on the phone, and finished my handgun transfer and emailed it out to me not even 5 minutes later.

Even the transfer reference number on the last letter I received from them was wrong and I had to go searching for it in a text message from the seller before she could even pull up the transfer on her computer.

Stay on them, and be (relatively) polite to the next service advisor who has to incur your frustrations. The woman I dealt with today says to definitely call in should you not hear anything in their specified timeframes.

Who knows how long I would have set this whole process back if I had waited!
    Last edited by Bootstrap; 03-12-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Quote "The service advisor had me resend it while we were on the phone, and finished my handgun transfer and emailed it out to me not even 5 minutes later. "

Which is the real time it should take for a transfer if we didn't have to cope with bureaucrats who do absolutely nothing but stall everything to justify their pay checks (end of rant)