New Polenar Tactical Vz58 Bolt Release

Zahal.org

Regular
http://www.zahal.org/products/vz-58-bolt-release-catch-polenar-tactical

No one loves AKs, Vzs, and range hijinks like Polenar does. We've now got a very special model of Vz58 bolt release from them!

If you're not familiar with the concept of an extended bolt release on a Vz58, this gives you a lever to drop the bolt with your trigger finger after reloading the rifle. Rather than coming up or under to rack the charging handle after inserting a fresh magazine, this little guy is easy to install and allows you to send the bolt home from shouldered position.

$45 USD with Free Shipping! Check it out:

I received a defective part from Zahal and they do not respond to my emails requesting a refund

Update: Zahal sent me a pm so hopefully we can get it resolved

Last edited:
How easy are these to install,does it come with instructions?

These don't come with instructions, and we should look at making a video!

Changing out the bolt release only requires a hammer and a small punch. If you're careful you can use the gas tool that came with your rifle, but we reccomend a punch.

You need to remove your bolt and carrier group, and punch out the retaining pin that locks the magazine-release and bolt-release cross pin. Not sure of the word in English, but its like a clothespin style. You see the two "ends" of the pin inside your reciever, and the head on the bottom of your reciever (it looks like a nail from the bottom of the rifle)

Then punch out the cross pin and your magazine release and bolt release will drop out along with their springs. Put the replacement unit it and replace the pins!

Have this. It's amazing. A must buy for any cz owner.

Really? I bought one from directly from Polenar and I found it to have way to much wobble when installed, and it protrudes too far out from the rifle (CSA VZ-58) with it's sharp edges. I also have to push extremely hard to get it to release the bolt. Needless to say I am no longer using it, maybe I got a defective one? Maybe there is a reason it is one of the cheaper bolt releases...

IIRC Lovie had the same handguard in your fiber optic sights installation vid so maybe ask her too. They look really cool but it would be even better if they are actually carbon fibre

Just received one of these for my CZ858 and not very happy with it. It has a bit of wobble and is extremely hard to get it to release. I've had 7 cz/vz's to date all have had bolt releases on them and have never had a issue before.

Yeah I got one too, I'm a big fan of Zahal and the Polnar tactical guys,but this bolt release just won't work right. Same thing your saying, lots of wobble and really hard to press down. I put it in a CSA rifle.

I've had to polish both surfaces that touch to get it to release smoothly on 2 other brands on my cz/vz..not ideal but ......

Back
Top Bottom