Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR1 Match - 06/07 May 2017 - Debrief here!

CGN frequent flyer
    I started getting my stuff ready. Went to the range and the rifle was 1" low at 100M. I chambered each round that I will be taking to make sure things feed OK.
    I also found that I am about 50 rounds short of what I need to take. I thought I had a bunch loaded.Good thing I have brass prepped ready to load and a week to go.
    Start looking at your kit now folks and not the night before.

It's gunna be great, looking forward so crossing paths with all the shooters from last season! I started dusting the cobwebs off the kit today, most importantly bring some of that deer stick again Duck!!!
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Well I can breathe again .... Its a long story but we ALMOST had to cancel this clinic.
    The DND in there infinite wisdom has changed who can be an RSO for a civilian club using DND ranges .
    Bottom line is Barney is qualified still !!
    So he will be the RSO for the weekend and until the verifications of our Military RSO,s are done he is actually the ONLY RSO the club has ...lol .
    If anyone needs local maps / info send me a PM with your email address.
    Last edited by chalkriver2; 05-02-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Business Member
    Great work to chalkriver2.....

It was a nail biter experience so to speak, especially while out in Milo, AB at a CQB clinic with a trickle of data cell service on the range. We got through it and we still have work to do together now that I'm back on the ground and have my laptop and my home wireless, I can roll on this RSO Qualification process a little more actively.

Still lots of room for you folks to register and shoot.

Now for the rest of you .308 shooters, I will bring up my .308 RPR for you to play with as well as my latest (Mid April 2017) sponsored rifle from Wolverine Supplies, a Barrett 98B (google it...) and you get to test fire this baby on Saturday at 600m like I've done in the past practices...

Cheers,
    Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 05-02-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Glad you got the RSO situation worked out for the weekend, saw your post on Facebook and was wondering.

And now this..
    we are getting a lot of flooding in the Ottawa area, how is it in Petawawa?

Otherwise all packed and ready to go.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john@ View Post
    Glad you got the RSO situation worked out for the weekend, saw your post on Facebook and was wondering.

And now this..
    we are getting a lot of flooding in the Ottawa area, how is it in Petawawa?

Otherwise all packed and ready to go.
    These rainy matches are a perfect chance to test out YOUR wet weather strategies (IE.... Keep dry and comfortable) and managing your rucksack/3 day pack and also your rifle and all it's resources. How to keep everything dry and functioning.

Remember that this is "Service Conditions" and that's where our 'Roots' lie unlike in other shooting disciplines where they all shut down at the start of the rainfall.

Now if we could get chalkriver2 all sorted out... His name will be like the "Fast and the Furious" series...

Cheers,

Barney

Is it too late to sign up?

IM BACK!!Good to see my name not in pink.....AGAIN..lol

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    IM BACK!!Good to see my name not in pink.....AGAIN..lol
    so, did you qualify as RSO?

Sadly no ...I was referring to getting banned from CGN again this morning . I had my profile hacked awhile ago by some guy trying to rip off people. My first user name( chalkriver) is banned for ever as a criminal investigation was involved. This morning I found I was banned again due to CGN seeing my IP address or something and thinking I was a returning banned member with a cleverly disguised new username ...lol.
    Last edited by chalkriver2; 05-05-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast