Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR1 Match - 06/07 May 2017 - Debrief here!

Looking forward to playing in the rain with everyone Sunday! Pat and I will be up Saturday night. Ziplocs guys, lots of Ziplocs.

Cheers,

Scott

Glad to hear you are coming up Scott !
    If you bring up some more of your delicious duckstew in a crockpot again I will volunteer to keep an eye on it and a fire going in the nice dry range shack for you ....
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Sadly, I'm all out of ducks.

Grateful to Barney & Morgan for organizing another great PR match at Pet! Shooters and their kit were definitely put to the test. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Cheers to all!

Well I finally got my gear sorted out ..it was in pretty bad shape..lol I had a great weekend in spite of the weather and sgmacken obviously being the guy who screws with scope settings ..lol
    My first score was easy to add up ..lol sorry partner .
    It was nice seeing some familiar faces again and making some new friends.
    Big thanks goes to the real "Architect of Operation Petawawa" Barney who is always great to be around.
    Thanks as well to Wolverine for supplying another great rifle/scope for us to try and for me to realize yet again that I need a better paying job .
    Hope to see you all again at the other clinics we are running in Petawawa .

Last edited by chalkriver2; 05-09-2017 at 10:58 AM.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

CGN frequent flyer
    A good time was had by all as the old time newspapers would say. Thanks to Tactical Teacher and Chalkriver 2 for putting this on. Thanks to the sentry for offering up their weekend.
    My knees would like to thank Chalkriver 2's pickup truck for sparing us of lots of leg work. Last year my knees and legs gave out and put me out of action for a few matches. With good physiotherapists and a good knee surgeon this last winter I didn't even think of my knees.
    I'm still too out of shape for Service Rifle but this PR stuff is a viable substitute for us older guys who still want to get out. The skills from SR are transferable. I think a good grounding in SR matches is a big bonus when doing PR.
    With drizzle one day and snow flurries for the match it doesn't get more Service Conditions.
    Hopefully you can see the snow in the pictures below. At some points seeing targets was by intuition. As I recall from my first career, 'a smooth sea never made a skillful sailor'.

Thanks again Barney and Morgan. It was a good weekend.

Yes had a great time. Was great to meet new and familiar faces.
    I was pleased to see how my equipment and gear worked (and did not work), in the snow and the rain. Learned a few things, and got some ideas for the direction of my practice.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234