Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR2 Match - 17/18 Jun 2017 - Debrief here!

Rick and I are in. E-transfer sent.
    Question!! Forgive my naivety please, I'm a newby.
    I'm shopping for a scope. Do I want the reticle on the second focal plane of the lens? I'm also pretty sure I'm going blind in my old age so I need a fairly high magnification.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Chantal

Looking forward to shooting with you guys again. ChalkRiver2 I hope to once again come to a complete stop in the round-about to make you laugh. I would still be going around in that thing if you hadn't led me off the base.

Quote Originally Posted by ChantalL View Post
    Rick and I are in. E-transfer sent.
    Question!! Forgive my naivety please, I'm a newby.
    I'm shopping for a scope. Do I want the reticle on the second focal plane of the lens? I'm also pretty sure I'm going blind in my old age so I need a fairly high magnification.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Chantal
    I prefer first focal plane as it is the most versatile when shooting field courses where you need to range targets, measure things, and spot corrections since the reticle remains calibrated at any zoom length. One trade off is that the reticle will increase or decrease in size as you zoom in and out.

Second seems to be more suited to fixed distance shooting where you know the target sizes and can rely on one focal length.

That's my 2 cents on it based on my needs. I shoot with the h59 reticle which is all about meausring and hold overs, so ffp is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisward3 View Post
    I prefer first focal plane as it is the most versatile when shooting field courses where you need to range targets, measure things, and spot corrections since the reticle remains calibrated at any zoom length. One trade off is that the reticle will increase or decrease in size as you zoom in and out.

Second seems to be more suited to fixed distance shooting where you know the target sizes and can rely on one focal length.

That's my 2 cents on it based on my needs. I shoot with the h59 reticle which is all about meausring and hold overs, so ffp is a must.
    Thanks Chris. I'm going to run into Cabelas tomorrow and "scope" a few out. (aarrggg sorry). Appreciate the feedback.

Signed up Have to work on Sunday,but will be there on Saturday

Business Member
    We are gonna have some fun once again. Cannot wait to be up there once again (in bug season, ha ha ha ha).....

Cheers,
    Barney

Bring goretex! Looks like it'll be soggy!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisward3 View Post
    Bring goretex! Looks like it'll be soggy!
    They can't even predict weather 12 hour in advance. Recently they twice called for thunderstorms and heavy rains and it was sunny...

However, any tips on what to bring if it rains. garbage bags?

SORRY EVERYONE ....We received some bad news recently as range control changed what type of info they want for us to get the calibre changes completed .
    We were told once the Base Commander signed off on it we were good to go but now that is not the case. So we have to go back to using the previous list OF APPROVED CALIBRES until this is approved ...... AGAIN.
    Sorry about this and we hope to get the calibre restrictions shorted out soon.
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    SORRY EVERYONE ....We received some bad news recently as range control changed what type of info they want for us to get the calibre changes completed .
    We were told once the Base Commander signed off on it we were good to go but now that is not the case. So we have to go back to using the previous list OF APPROVED CALIBRES until this is approved ...... AGAIN.
    Sorry about this and we hope to get the calibre restrictions shorted out soon.
    For those of us who are new, please list the currently approved calibres.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast