Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWA 2017: Fenix Ruike Folding Tanto

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiney View Post
    Looks like Warriors and Wonders carries the brand...looks like they have 20+ models in stock.
    You were almost my hero, the one these guys have isn't a tanto blade like the knife above
    The smell of burnt gunpowder is my Prozaccou

Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    I thought at first that this was a switchblade but that sliding button on the side of the grip is to lock the blade open.
    not exactly..that is a variation of a Hinderer lock bar stablizer invented by custom knifemaker Rick Hinderer...the knife is actually a framelock (not liner lock) and that button prevents the lockbar from bending in the wrong direction if put under stress.

per his website:

The Hinderer Lock Bar Stabilizer is an over travel stop, meaning it prevents the accidental over travel of the lock bar during closing of the knife. When designing the Lock Bar Stabilizer the problem I wanted to correct concerning over travel is the complete over springing of the lock bar thereby rendering the knife useless. I am firefighter as a lot of you know…while working at an accident scene I was using one of my Firetac’s to cut the upholstery material around a seat post prior to using the jaws to cut the post…being that it was a devastating wreck, and my adrenalin was running high, not to mention the fact that I was wearing heavy gloves, I pushed the lock bar way to hard thereby springing it, and of course the blade could no longer lock, not a good thing to happen, especially at that time! I knew then I needed to do something about it…The other issue I wanted to address was the lock bar springing towards the back of the knife when gripping it. Sometimes the movement in the lock bar is not really noticeable when using the knife under normal conditions, but when you use the knife really hard, and grip it hard you WILL move the lock bar. This is because to make a frame lock or liner lock knife you have to cut the long slot in the frame or liner to create the lock bar, it does not matter what size slot you cut you will still have material missing there…simple physics suggests that you have a lever and it will move toward the back of the knife…guaranteed…now, what does this mean…1, whenever you have movement in a mechanism it is a chance for that mechanism to fail..2,extra movement in the lock to blade joint will wear the lock face quicker…3,when the blade is locked up on a frame lock with the lock bar stabilizer there will be absolutely no movement in the lock….

I'd probably be in at that price. Need a replacement for a stolen knife.

CGN Regular
    For $40 USD, that's a steal. I'll take two

Like the knife, but wish it had deeper pocket clip so you didnt have to advertise "I've got a knife"
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by brentRnelson View Post
    Like the knife, but wish it had deeper pocket clip so you didnt have to advertise "I've got a knife"
    Ironically a pronounced pocket clip would be your only legal defense against concealed weapon charges.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Ironically a pronounced pocket clip would be your only legal defense against concealed weapon charges.
    I believe there was a court ruling within the last few years that a pocket knife carried in a pocket was not a concealed weapon. Any lawyers here who can chip in?
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger

Monashee Outdoors will be getting them in asap.
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12