Accepted Holster Qualifications @ Target

luckey

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi,

I am getting mixed information on as to what Holster Qualifcations are accepted @ Target. Besides the obvious IPSC and IDPA, how about the less popular CDP, TDSA and PPC etc.
Could J.R. please give an official answer on this?

Thanks!

It all depends on what the actual training given to support the holster use was/is.

Some shooting disciplines have no documented and verifiable training course/seminar. We obviously accept an ATC for armed guards and a Shield/badge for LE at face value.

If someone wants to "challenge" the holster qualification requirement, they need to show us some kind of course synopsis and proof of completion. We can then make an informed decision.

JR

Thanks JR for the quick response as usual. I just would like to know if you have already had rules specifically for CDP, PPC and TDSA? I am ok with either way, just need to know for sure before I decide on the proper course.

It all depends on what the actual training given to support the holster use was/is.

Some shooting disciplines have no documented and verifiable training course/seminar. We obviously accept an ATC for armed guards and a Shield/badge for LE at face value.

If someone wants to "challenge" the holster qualification requirement, they need to show us some kind of course synopsis and proof of completion. We can then make an informed decision.

JR

JR

Curious, more so for my own benefit. Would you accept a US Resident Conceal carry permit? Or how about USPSA safety check?

well. apparently some members got their CDP accepted which is why I am seeking clarification from JR. As his reply "depends", I sense there is no written policies on CDP, PPC and TDSA. Is it?

HI i am a Handgun Director and Range Officer,no holster,OPP & Que PP can not use holsters,only ipsc & idpa,hope it helps,safe shooting people,thanks

I know that, but my personal time/schedule doesn't really line up with IPSC and IDPA matches well. Otherwise, IPSC/IDPA are no brainers as they are accepted internationally.
just for me personally, I would be happy if target still runs their club level holster course as I only shoot handguns there regularly and just need a holster qualification, but that's no longer an option.

I would say just do your Black Badge course & you will good to shoot all holster type league .
Just my opinion

Last edited:
Thanks. This bets the same question though, would target accept this?

If someone sends us the course package, I am very open to looking it over. We are not trying to reinvent things; just make sure everyone is safe.

JR

Back
Top Bottom