Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone try these mags?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sc42 View Post
    Clearly Canadian? Ha! Well if it's a single stack I count 5 but I suppose it's a double stack so not Canadian.
    These are 10 round pistol mags, manufactured in Canada (not imported).

In Canada – Magazines fall into two simple categories. Prohibited and un-controlled. Prohibited magazines cannot be owned by civilians regardless of licensing. Un-controlled magazines do not require a license of any type to purchase. Un-controlled magazines are defined as magazines designed and manufactured for rifles holding 5 or less of their designed for cartridge, or magazines designed and manufactured for pistols holding 10 or less of their designed for cartridge.

The 1010 CROSS MAG falls into the latter category of un-controlled magazine, designed and manufactured for a Pistol.

So I'm guessing these are basically marketed for the competitive shooter (fast mag changes, more mags in the same amount of pockets). How well are the feed lips going to hold up when they drop free onto gravel repeatedly in cold weather? Not trying to be an ass here, I'm honestly wondering if you have an idea of how many hits these can handle.

Edit - read the FAQ in the other thread about these. My bad, looks like you are all over it, and I look forward to picking up a couple of these when they're available.
    "I probably don't know half as much about this as I think I do."

Cool mag and you don't need a separate coupler.
    How do these work with a Tavor?
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatchRat View Post
    So I'm guessing these are basically marketed for the competitive shooter (fast mag changes, more mags in the same amount of pockets). How well are the feed lips going to hold up when they drop free onto gravel repeatedly in cold weather? Not trying to be an ass here, I'm honestly wondering if you have an idea of how many hits these can handle.

Edit - read the FAQ in the other thread about these. My bad, looks like you are all over it, and I look forward to picking up a couple of these when they're available.
    Polymer engineering is a science and we ended up getting material custom made as we could not source anything durable enough to meet our standards. While we have a round out for torture tests, we will be releasing a video of those feed lips taking a beating!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Cool mag and you don't need a separate coupler.
    How do these work with a Tavor?
    We have only tested compatibility with the various AR15 Pistols available in Canada.

As these mags meet the have been vetted and developed to confirm with the regulations for AR15 pistols, and are designed for pistols only, our company cannot comment on the fit with other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Industries View Post
    That's definitely not us - we are out of British Columbia. We are still in development and will have the website updated with contact info shortly.
    That is great. I prefer to buy from Canadian Suppliers. I got the info from the BBB. I to shows the company is US based and no longer open in the location it indicates as it head office.
    If you can't be out of sight, you best be out of range.
    GOTO retailer NORDIC MARKSMAN

Any ball park on time frame? Weeks? Months? Next year? ThNks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    The whole website is difficult to make eye contact with.
    I agree.

Fantastic! I'm super pumped about these.

Hope to try some soon
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast