Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Issue with PSA AR15 in 7.62x39

Issue with PSA AR15 in 7.62x39

**Updated title and text**

Hi everybody

I am posting today because I am looking for some help from the community or from someone at IRG, if they have seen such issue before. I bought a PSA 7.62x39 10.5 complete upper, with BCG from IRG and I am having some issues with it: it gives me FTE (Fail To Eject) issues in a very inconsistent manner. It can be once every 5 rounds, can be OK for 15-20 rounds and then fail 2-3 rounds in a row.

The symptoms are that the spent shell casing exits the chamber completely (no Fail To Extract), but not the upper receiver and does not exit by the ejection port. It does not ends in a stovepipe: it just get rammed back with a new round from the mag and jams the weapon because a double feed.

I have tried running a heavier buffer (H2) with same result. I also replaced the original (PSA) extractor spring with a much stiffer Wolff one: same result. Bolt and rifle was completely cleaned and I run it well oiled with CLP.

Doing a dry cycling of the rifle will not replicate the problem: rounds will eject properly each time.

I did some tests today : I tried several different mags (XCR-L pistol from Questar) with several different loadout (1-2-3.. rounds) : no difference. I also tried brass American Eagle ammo versus Barnaul steel case : no change.

Last test I did was to load a round, then drop the mag and fire: sometimes the empty shell case would get re-loaded in the chamber!! If I tried the same thing, but kept the empty mag inserted (last round in chamber type of thing), the BCG would remain in the back and the empty case would just sit in the upper receiver, over the mag ...

I am suspecting a problem from the extractor and/or the ejector but any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by djmagnum; 05-14-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Error in title

What happens if you slowly cycle the action manually? Rounds in the chamber should eject, if they don't you likely have an ejector problem.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

Oh the NEA haters are gonna be pissed when they see its not an NEA rifle.

I think you are on the right track with the extractor or ejector, do you know of anyone at your range with a x39 AR? Might be worth while trading bolts and seeing if that changes anything.

CGN frequent flyer
    Should this post be moved out of IRG sub forum?

Good luck!
    CCFR Member

You; Sir, have a sticky ejector
    cssa,ccfr,ofah

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhole9Yards View Post
    Oh the NEA haters are gonna be pissed when they see its not an NEA rifle.
    Lol first thing I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Mredward View Post
    You; Sir, have a sticky ejector
    Edit: re-read the OP.

Could certainly be that, if it locks open on the last round but doesn't kick out the empty.
    Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Make sure your ejector is working good and a bit of casing hasn't jammed it. Poke at it a bit and work it up and down. That might be the issue
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Replace your ejector spring, i had same issues with an nea bolt, after that it ran good.....

CGN frequent flyer
    Why is NEA in the thread title when the upper and BCG are not NEA and you didn't put NEA in your other thread under Black and Green Rifles?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast