Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Videos: 10/10 CROSS MAG™: 2 Mags, 4 Configurations!

BANNED
    Guess what myself, Still Alive and CobraGT will be running tommorow :-)

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post

I thought I had seen an offering to you from Cross in a thread. Run them hard, looking forward to the reviews from you three!

BANNED
    Lucky for us it will be poring rain, muddy, and cold. So it will be a great day for testing gear...lol...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Nice, I've been eagerly awaiting reports on these things to see how they hold up!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post

In for a review
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

tagged.
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    Tagged
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    Ok, DILLI, smellypete, Cobra and I ran the mags for a bit. Due to the drills we were doing and the fact that we only had a mag each, we didn’t get to really abuse the mags. DILLI did drop his deliberately into muddy water.
    Impressions:

Keep in mind these are BETA test mags and not final production ones.

The mags are very light. The design is definitely attractive. The coupler works well in some but others were quite tight to uncouple. Locking up is easy but taking apart is tougher. Good thing, I suppose, as you won’t want them uncoupling during a mag change. You do feel like you are going to break them as you twist though. There is some flex in the mag body during twisting but you are suppose to grab them at the base where they join anyways.

The followers stick initially when we first got them. We sprayed some G96 on them and they worked well after. Easy to load. Worry a bit about the longevity of feed lips. We banged the mags after loading full and the rounds did not eject, so that’s good.

The mags ran well as they are suppose to. They engage the mag catch and eject easily. No issues for any of us when they were clean.
    Problems happened when we used the muddy mags. I had one that did not feed the last two rounds. Only noticed when we were picking up our mags after the drill. Thought I ran empty and did a mag change. I deliberately used the mag that failed for DILLI as I wanted to induce a malfunction and the same mag failed. DILLI marked it for Cross to check.

Other than that, I think Cross is very close to production. We, as a group, were very happy with their professionalism and generosity to let us test and post our findings here. Not too many companies will expose themselves this way so it goes to show how these guys think and how they want our honest opinions to improve on their product.

TAC rifle starts again in April. We hope Cross will see fit to send us some more to try when we will run them hard and fast!
    Es wird nie so heiss gegessen, wie es gekocht wird
    CCFR CPC
    Check out dssbca.com for info on TAC rifle matches in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley.

BANNED
    Well said Still alive :-)

I had 2 sets of cross mags. They ran 100% in my ACR until the mags got " accidentally " dropped in muddy water

after that I got a couple of FTF but this was due to the introduction of sand in the mag. Nothing rinsing it out would of fixed. But these accident happen on these type of courses so it was something I needed to do.

Im really glad Cross let us test out pre-production sample mags. And I cant wait to see what the final version brings

CGN Regular
    At the right price, these are going to sell like hotcakes. I know I would buy several.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast