CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rampart is now the MIL/LE supplier for Mossberg in Canada

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Cameron View Post
    Our agreement with Mossberg allows us to sell commercially into agencies and retail to members of military and law enforcement only. There are lots of great stores out there selling Mossberg at the retail level, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you need from them!
    Sorry, but that's just... weird. If you carry a product that any PAL/RPAL holder can legally buy, I don't see why you can't, or won't, sell it to them. Seems like a real backwards business strategy.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Sorry, but that's just... weird. If you carry a product that any PAL/RPAL holder can legally buy, I don't see why you can't, or won't, sell it to them. Seems like a real backwards business strategy.
    My guess is that it's not Ramparts "business strategy" but there are territorial agreements in place that they can only sell to the Mil/LE crowd. It's nothing new, I work for a Hvac distributor and that's exactly how it works.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    My guess is that it's not Ramparts "business strategy" but there are territorial agreements in place that they can only sell to the Mil/LE crowd. It's nothing new, I work for a Hvac distributor and that's exactly how it works.
    Meh. Doesn't make it any less weird.

So if I want the Shockwave 590, I have to submit docs to Rampart proving I'm ex-military?

And then... what? Rampart is going to send a copy of those docs to Mossberg? Not crazy about that...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    ETA on the shockwave?
    I still wish you would sell me that aimpoint comp m4s at the IOP cost you had up =[

CGN Regular
    Do lawyers qualify? They are an officer of the Court.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Len One O View Post
    Suffice it to say we partnered with Mossberg as a commercial line, but are thrilled that we can also offer it to our MIL/LE IOP customers as well. The restrictions in place on who we can offer IOP products to is set by the manufacturer, not us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    So if I want the Shockwave 590, I have to submit docs to Rampart proving I'm ex-military?

And then... what? Rampart is going to send a copy of those docs to Mossberg? Not crazy about that...
    All you need to do to sign up for the IOP program is create an account on our website and fill out a short form. We require documentation proving that you are retired military, but once vetted, we tag your customer account with the appropriate IOP flag, and those digital documents are destroyed immediately. Absolutely nothing is kept on file, as per Canadian privacy requirements, nor is anything transmitted to our suppliers - the vetting process happens 100% on our end.

Quote Originally Posted by vancity View Post
    Do lawyers qualify? They are an officer of the Court.
    At this time, unfortunately not.

Wow some people are ignorant or must be new to this. The IOP has been around for ages and was not established by Rampart. They are simply a dealer of preference for the program. If it wasn't them, then someone else would do it. Deal with it. This is not the place to vent your personal frustrations.

Alex had me setup in under 30 minutes. Thanks Rampart!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart_Joe View Post
    Mossberg 590 Shockwave will be available
    Is it non-restricted??

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Is it non-restricted??
    Length‎: ‎26.37‎ so yes NR. Unlike americans we could put a regular stock on it and still be legal

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    Length‎: ‎26.37‎ so yes NR. Unlike americans we could put a regular stock on it and still be legal
    Nice, now I have to find a stand off device for it!

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast