Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 870 Double Double Combo

Raptor grips were designed so that if a shotgun is manufactured without a stock and equipped with a 14" barrel it just narrowly scrapes by the 26" the Yanks need for the gun to be a AOW and not an SBS requiring a tax stamp.

So yes, a 14" pipe will put it over 26".

Thanks!
    If first you don't succeed, reload.

Member of the Mission Rod and Gun Club

Expried Business Member
    Can confirm they come just over 26" with a 14" factory barrel and a raptor grip. Looks quite nice with our Little Beavers as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    How short can you go on the barrel and still be non restricted with that raptor grip?
    Because the shot gun is not a handgun nor is it semi automatic, there is no barrel length minimum.

If the combination of receiver, barrel and furniture reduces the length below 660mm it is unclear if the firearm would remain non restricted, or become restricted or prohibited.

In the criminal code definition of restricted:

"(c) a firearm that is designed or adapted to be fired when reduced to a length of less than 660 mm by folding, telescoping or otherwise,..."

It is unclear if the substitution of after market parts could be considered as 'adapted' by 'otherwise'. Based on the mare's leg being NR, a shotgun sold with the raptor grip and any barrel length at any OAL should be NR. Making your own mare's leg though would seem to trigger a reclassification of the firearm to prohibited.

Likewise, the definition of prohibited states:

"(b) a firearm that is adapted from a rifle or shotgun, whether by sawing, cutting or any other alteration, and that, as so adapted,
    (i) is less than 660 mm in length,..."

I have 14" barrels for my 870. If I used a folding stock/pistol grip on the back end the resulting firearm would be under 660mm OAL. I asked the CFO how that gun should be classed and they would not offer an opinion, and merely pointed me to the same law I was already quoting for them.
    Last edited by Cameron SS; 03-22-2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Good for you guys bringing in the raptor grips! They were a little secret until taccessories.ca started bringing them in, I used to bring them in from Colorado and make a nice profit. That guy actually got in trouble sending gun parts to me, uncle Sam is moody.

Oh well!
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

CGN Regular
    Ordered a raptor grip! #### it the 8" grizzly is going restricted.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    ...and for those so inclined you can also buy the 870 Raptor Grips on their own
    Are you guys a Shockwave Tech. vendor now? Will you be stocking these regularly?

Also, do you have them raptor grip available the Mossberg 500?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Expried Business Member
    Are you guys a Shockwave Tech. vendor now? Will you be stocking these regularly?

Also, do you have them raptor grip available the Mossberg 500?
    We're not carrying their whole line currently just these grips, limited availability for now. We do also have the Mossberg 500/590 Raptor grips, I've added a dropdown to the product for those of you running Mossbergs but we've only got a pair left for now.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WanstallsOnline View Post
    We're not carrying their whole line currently just these grips, limited availability for now. We do also have the Mossberg 500/590 Raptor grips, I've added a dropdown to the product for those of you running Mossbergs but we've only got a pair left for now.
    There is only Rem870 in the drop-down menu, so I take it the Mossbergs are already gone. Anymore coming in?

Also, surely there is enough demand for these to carry them regularly, no?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Expried Business Member
    There is only Rem870 in the drop-down menu, so I take it the Mossbergs are already gone. Anymore coming in?

Also, surely there is enough demand for these to carry them regularly, no?
    Yes we did sell the last pair of Mossberg Grips, but you're right they've been popular and we'll be trying to keep them in stock

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast