Thread: Back door registry by industry members

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar

Unhappy Back door registry by industry members

Do you think the industry members unwillingly create back door registry by keeping sale records forever and not removing them?

I just thought of it. A number of retailers keep a list of every order I ever made and there are no possibility to remove them. There is nothing that would stop the government to seize those records and starting giving hard time for every item purchases if they decided to do so. Almost none of those dealers have privacy policy (which is required by law, by the way) regarding removal of those records. If in the past CFOs tried to mandate keeping those records and there was outcry against it, some dealers do it on their own.

What do you think on this topic?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Expendable Nate's Avatar
    I don't like it one bit. For a while I avoided said dealers buy sticking with used. Eventually I said screw it. If they wanna take em there gonna take em
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance. Be specific about what you want.

CSSA
    IPSC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Yup, we can give up. However, with antigun Libs in power who can prohibit any gun or any item, it makes me wonder. In the past, I can recall at least 2 events when people lost their property from arbitrary decision and confiscation through business records.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    A number of retailers keep a list of every order I ever made and there are no possibility to remove them. There is nothing that would stop the government to seize those records and starting giving hard time for every item purchases if they decided to do so.
    Order details are to be kept by law for 7 years in case a CRA audit. Keeping a list of serial numbers are not kept by most stores. If the RCMP was able to use the authority of the CRA to share records of receipts, it would be a man power miracle.

If it gets to this point, it would be easier to do inspections (searches) of owners homes, instead of spending millions of hours creating a list of what gun owners had purchased once upon a time.

Nothing more than an invoice really unless it's restricted....I can buy a dozen sks today and sell them tomorrow so the store record means nothing.
    N*rinco is a cuss word in my house

But we didn't keep the record of who we are selling to, from I know is Mike in Canmore.